DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Recent Advances in Drugs for Mitochondrial Diseases" report to their offering.
Mitochrondrial diseases arise when there is a malfunctioning mitochondria. These diseases are sometimes cause by genetic anomalies and can also be acquired hereditarily. While some mitocondrial disorders affect only a single organ such as Leber hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON), there are others that can result in problems across multiple organs. However, extensive research is taking place for treating these rare diseases, with multiple starts up receiving funding for their efforts in gene therapy, cellular therapy, and small molecule therapeutics.
The Drug Discovery TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) reports and analyzes about the latest developments in drug discovery and therapeutics, thereby providing an opportunity to acquire strategic insights into crucial developments in this industry domain. Technologies profiled include those used for biomarker and target discovery such as high throughput screening, signal transduction, micro array, RNAi, metabolomics, toxicogenomics, biosensors and nanotechnology. In addition to these, a fair focus shall be dedicated to the latest trends in therapeutic approaches across a diversity of diseases including infectious, genetic, metabolic, neurological, cardiac, and autoimmune disorders.
The Health and Wellness cluster tracks developments in a myriad of areas including genetic engineering, regenerative medicine, drug discovery and development, nanomedicine, nutrition, cosmetic procedures, pain and disease management and therapies, drug delivery, personalized medicine, and smart healthcare.
Key Topics Covered:
New Approaches in Drug Discovery and Development
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells as Effective Therapies for Mitochondrial Disease
- Rectifying Mitochondrial Defects by Modulating Enzyme Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Levels
- Small Molecule Therapeutics for Inherited Mitochondrial Diseases
- Modulating Mitochondria Function by Increasing Energy Expenditure
- Mitochondria-based Therapeutics for Age-related Diseases
- Breakthrough Drug Reversing Mitochondrial Dysfunction for Parkinson's Disease
- Redox Drugs for Rare Inherited Mitochondrial Disease
Mitochondrial Disease Drug Discovery - Technology Focus and Trends
- Mitochondrial Target Molecules Emerging as Novel Therapeutics for Diseases with Unmet Need for Therapeutics
- Three Start Ups to Note
- Industry Interactions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nnqdxx/recent_advances