CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on Genitourinary (GU) Malignancies. The event will take place on September 16, 2017, at the InterContinental San Francisco in San Francisco. The conference will be chaired by Charles Ryan, M.D., professor of clinical medicine and urology; program leader, genitourinary medical oncology; associate director for clinical sciences, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center.
This four-hour education program is designed to offer oncologists education about genitourinary (GU) cancer management, as well as bring together the local healthcare community for networking. Additional topics such as treatment of early and advanced prostate cancer, locally advanced prostate cancer, kidney cancer, treatment of castration-resistant metastatic prostate cancer, bone-targeting, and immunotherapy and targeted therapy for bladder cancer, will be discussed by the following prominent medical professionals from UCSF:
- Albert Chang, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, Department of Radiation Oncology.
- Matt Cooperberg, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of urology; associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics; Department of Urology.
- Terence Friedlander, M.D., assistant clinical professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology;
- Won Kim, M.D., assistant clinical professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology
- Amy Lin, M.D., assistant professor, Department of Medicine and Urology
- Eric Small, M.D., professor of medicine and urology; chief, Department of Medicine/Division of Hematology/Oncology, UCSF; deputy director, program leader, Prostate Cancer Program.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® with medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss the current treatment options, the summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and healthcare professionals across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology and hematology. Each summit includes a 45-minute networking reception, offering attendees food and drinks.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can utilize to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News®, Oncology Business Management™ and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.