NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Harper’s BAZAAR announced the finalists of its seventh annual Fabulous at Every Age reader search (FAEA). Presented by Estée Lauder in partnership with Saks Fifth Avenue, the contest spotlights five women—one per decade—ages 20 to 60+, who have a passion for life, chic style, and beauty.
The five finalists were selected by Harper’s BAZAAR editors and will each receive: $5,000 cash prize, luxury accommodations at The Surrey Hotel, recognition at a VIP awards celebration at Le Bernardin Privé hosted by editor in chief Glenda Bailey and Jessica Seinfeld on July 18, must-have products from Estée Lauder, two complete looks provided by A.L.C. from Saks Fifth Avenue, editorial coverage in the December 2017 / January 2018 issue of Harper’s BAZAAR, and an exclusive tour of the Estée Lauder headquarters. Additionally, one finalist will be named the grand prize winner and awarded an additional $5,000 cash prize.
Individuals were able to enter the contest by posting a photo of themselves—or the woman they were nominating—on Instagram with the hashtag #FabAtEveryAgeContest, including their age and what makes them fabulous in the caption, or by visiting FabAtEveryAge.com. This year, Harper’s BAZAAR received the highest number of submissions in the contest’s history.
The Fabulous at Every Age reader search finalists by decade are:
- 20s: Amber Matthews, 27 (San Francisco, CA) is a graphic designer and makeup artist in San Francisco and Bay Area. Amber fills her free time with volunteer work, including mentoring young girls at youth groups, helping like-minded fashionistas at the Copenhagen’s Fashion Summit, sharing her skills with fellow graphic designers, and more. An entrepreneurial spirit, Amber uses design as a medium to tell stories of cultures that don’t have a voice, and creates a full life by making other women feel beautiful through makeup artistry. For Amber, it’s about helping others realize their fabulousness.
- 30s: Jenna Maxfield, 32 (Boston, MA) is a former Air Force officer, having served six years in Southern Afghanistan, where she established the first Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response team, later became a Military Sexual Trauma advisor to the Pentagon Oversight Team, and led military support and humanitarian relief efforts in Tokyo after the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami. She is currently applying her experience with trauma survivors to Syrian refugees in the greater Boston area while studying to get her Master of Social Work at Boston College. A “puppy mom” to rescue dog Atlas, Jenna composes music, plays piano, practices yoga, and loves to cook. To Jenna, fabulous is purposeful courage while helping those who are suffering.
- 40s: Michelle Cully, 48 (Hanover, MA) is the President and CEO of Xpressman Trucking & Courier, Inc., a mother of two, and is completing her memoir “High Heels in the Laundry Room,” the story of her unusual journey in the business world and her tenacity and drive to succeed despite once being told she would never amount to anything. After building a company from nothing, breaking through the glass ceiling in a male-dominated industry, and escaping an abusive relationship, Michelle is described by her friends as beautiful inside and out, and an inspiration to other women to stay strong and dream big.
- 50s: Cathy Williamson, 56 (Dallas, TX) runs a fashion/beauty blog for women over 45 “ish” called The Middle Page, and is a mother of three. A 2016 FAEA semi-finalist, Cathy is a Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor, and spends her time volunteering with women who are going through breast cancer, guiding them through surgeries and treatments. Cathy believes fabulous is the ability to face anything that comes your way with a huge smile on your face, which she has undoubtedly conquered. To her, fabulous is also a state of mind, and she hopes that all women are confident enough to feel that way.
- 60s: Ann Nyberg, 60 (Madison, CT) has been a television news anchor for nearly 40 years, and is the author of two books, “Slices of Life, A Story Teller’s Diary” and “Remembering Katharine Hepburn: Stories of Wit and Wisdom About America’s Leading Lady.” Nominated by 2016 Fabulous At Every Age finalist Janis Jones, Ann has three daughters with her high school sweetheart, her husband of 37 years. Additionally, Ann is the founder of the Yale-New Haven Hospital Toy Closet Program, the founder of Network Connecticut, and a founding trustee of the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center in Old Saybrook, CT. As a newscaster, Ann hopes viewers see their own intelligence, integrity and moxie through her. As her friends say, what makes Ann fabulous is how she's shown that the only way to play the game is with an unstoppable, generous, and loving heart.
About Harper’s BAZAAR
Sophisticated, elegant and provocative, Harper's BAZAAR (www.bazaar.com) is the style resource for women who are the first to buy the best, from casual to couture. With authority and insider insight, Harper's BAZAAR showcases the work of visionary stylists, expressive photographers and talented designers, covering what’s new to what’s next. Founded in 1867, America's first fashion magazine is available in 44 countries around the world. Harper’s BAZAAR is published by Hearst Magazines, a unit of Hearst (www.hearst.com), one of the nation's largest diversified media and information companies. With 21 titles in the U.S., Hearst is the leading publisher of monthly magazines in terms of total paid circulation (AAM 2H 2014), reaching 78 million readers (Spring 2016 MRI/GfK at 79.5 million) and 54 million site visitors each month (comScore), with a social media following of 115.5 million. In addition, the company publishes close to 300 editions around the world. Follow Harper’s BAZAAR on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter.
About Estée Lauder
Estée Lauder is the flagship brand of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. Founded by Estée Lauder, one of the world’s first female entrepreneurs, the brand today continues her legacy of creating the most innovative, sophisticated, high-performance skincare and makeup products and iconic fragrances – all infused with a deep understanding of women’s needs and desires. Today, Estée Lauder engages with women in over 150 countries around the world and at dozens of touch points – from in-store to digital. And each of these relationships consistently reflects Estée’s powerful and authentic woman-to-woman point of view. Follow @esteelauder on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
About Saks Fifth Avenue
Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world’s pre-eminent specialty retailers, is renowned for its superlative American and international designer collections, its expertly edited assortment of handbags, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics and gifts, and the first-rate fashion expertise and exemplary client service of its Associates. As part of the Hudson’s Bay Company brand portfolio, Saks operates 41 full-line stores in 22 states and Canada, five international licensed stores and saks.com, the company’s online store. For more information, kindly visit saks.com, Instagram.com/saks, Facebook.com/saks, Snapchat.com/saks_official, and Twitter.com/saks.