MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sixteen SiebenCarey attorneys were selected to the 2017 Minnesota Super Lawyers list. Fifteen were chosen as Super Lawyers in their specific areas of practice and one selected to the Minnesota Rising Stars list. Just five percent of all lawyers in Minnesota are named to this list each year.
“We are honored to have 16 SiebenCarey attorneys recognized as 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars,” said Jim Carey, managing partner of SiebenCarey. “Our firm’s success is mission based – helping Minnesotans understand their legal rights – and our attorneys excel in what they do each year. We provide the legal counsel individuals deserve and will continue to provide legal representation to people who need our personal injury, workers’ compensation, wrongful death and medical malpractice expertise.”
SiebenCarey attorneys named to the 2016 Minnesota Super Lawyers list include:
- William Bongard is nationally certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and state certified as a Senior Civil Trial Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. Bongard earned his law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Robert Brabbit focuses his practice on workers' compensation and personal injury. He handles cases that involve all types of work-related injuries including asbestos exposure and mesothelioma. For more than 23 years, he has committed himself to serving people throughout the state of Minnesota. Brabbit received his Juris Doctor from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Jim Carey serves as president and managing partner of the law firm and is one of the top wrongful death lawyers and personal injury attorneys in Minnesota. Carey sits on the American Board of Trial Advocates and is certified as a Civil Trial Law Specialist by both the National Board of Trial Advocacy and the Minnesota State Bar Association. He is a member of the International Society of Barristers and the American College of Trial Lawyers. Carey received his Juris Doctor from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- John Carey is a nationally recognized personal injury attorney with extensive experience in the field of medical malpractice. Carey is also recognized by his peers for his leadership in alternative dispute resolution. He is a certified Civil Trial Law Specialist and belongs to several professional associations including: Minnesota Association for Justice, American Association for Justice, American College of Trial Lawyers, Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers, American Board of Trial Advocates, International Society of Barristers, The Academy of Court Appointed Masters, The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Carey received his law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Shannon Carey has successfully represented individuals and families in complex litigations, including, medical malpractice, wrongful death, dram shop and catastrophic injury claims. Her practice focuses on representing those who’ve been harmed by medical providers, daycare providers, auto or motorcycle accidents, product defects or negligent home/business owners. She received her law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Paul Downes is state certified as a Civil Trial Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He is active with the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and mentors law school students. Downes practices in all areas of personal injury law. Originally from Rochester, Minn., he received his Juris Doctor from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Robert Hauer has served on the Minnesota Supreme Court’s No-Fault Arbitration Standing Committee, as president of the Minneapolis Legal Aid Society and is an adjunct professor at William Mitchell College of Law and the University of St. Thomas Law School. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Minnesota.
- Susan Holden has spent her career representing clients in a variety of complex personal injury and wrongful death claims. Holden is certified as a Civil Trial Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. She is active in bar leadership within the state and nationally. Holden received her law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Arthur Kosieradzki is a Certified Senior Civil Trial Law Specialist and heads the firm’s Lakeville office where he provides expertise in serious personal injury cases including automobile and motorcycle accidents. Kosieradzki received his Juris Doctor from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Jeffrey Montpetit is a firm shareholder who practices in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, professional malpractice, civil rights law and police misconduct, auto and truck accidents, product liability, premises liability, and insurance litigation. Montpetit received his Juris Doctor from the William Mitchell College of Law in 1998.
- Mark Olive has exclusively represented injured workers in Minnesota workers compensation cases for more than 30 years. He has received multiple awards as one of the top workers compensation attorneys in Minnesota, including an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest category available for skills and ethics. Olive received both his undergraduate and Juris Doctor degrees from the University of Notre Dame.
- Michael Scully serves as a partner at SiebenCarey, where he focuses in the areas of workers' compensation, personal injury, and auto accident insurance litigation. He was admitted to the Minnesota State Bar in 1997 and is qualified as a mediator by the Minnesota Supreme Court. He is a native of Hastings, Minn., and graduated from Hamline University School of Law.
- Harry Sieben is a Senior Civil Trial Law Specialist certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He served as the President and Managing Partner of SiebenCarey for 30 years. In addition, Sieben was State Representative for 14 years including four years as Speaker of the Minnesota House of Representatives, and is also a Retired Major General with the Minnesota National Guard. Sieben currently serves as a Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army. A native of Hastings, Minn., Sieben received his law degree from the University of Minnesota.
- Jeffrey Sieben is the third generation in a family legacy of public service. He is a partner at the firm, a Civil Trial Law Specialist certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Sieben practices in all areas of personal injury law. He earned his Juris Doctor from the William Mitchell College of Law.
- Cory Whalen is a partner at the firm and focuses his practice in commercial vehicle litigation, motorcycle accidents, complex products liability, automobile accidents, wrongful death, construction accidents, medical malpractice, liquor liability, animal liability, premises liability, and all other areas of personal injury. Whalen received his Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law.
Michael Miller received recognition as 2017 Minnesota Rising Stars, recognized by his peers as emerging attorneys who are either under the age of 40, or who have practiced law for 10 years or less. Miller received his degree from the William Mitchell College of Law.
Super Lawyers evaluates attorneys on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. The objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel. It is published as a special supplement in Twin Cities Business, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine and Minnesota Super Lawyers Magazine.
Founded in 1952, SiebenCarey has grown to become one of Minnesota’s largest and most widely respected personal injury law firms, successfully representing more than 65,000 cases. For 65 years the firm has employed experienced lawyers and professional support personnel covering general trial practice in all courts, personal injury, workers’ compensation, wrongful death and medical malpractice. The offices are located around the state of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Lakeville and Duluth. For more information, visit www.knowyourrights.com.