TRENTON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BioNJ's Fifth Annual CEO Summit, scheduled for Friday, October 27, 2017 at the Bridgewater Marriott, will bring together more than 300 life sciences C-suite leaders and their teams -- representing a wide breadth of companies from early to late stage, as well as public, private, revenue and pre-revenue enterprises -- for a full-day program focused on the opportunities and challenges facing the sector as it works to bring innovative medicines to market to address unmet medical needs.
"The opportunity for discovery and innovation has reached unparalleled heights. However, unfortunately, so have the complexities of research and development and ultimately the journey to Patients," said BioNJ President and CEO, Debbie Hart. "During this year's CEO Summit, our roster of speakers -- all world-class leaders at the forefront of this vital topic -- will deliver insights on fostering medical innovation amid continual change and uncertainty."
Our growing syllabus of industry thought leaders includes:
- Mark Alles, CEO, Celgene Corporation
- Albert Bourla, Group President, Pfizer Innovative Health, Pfizer Inc.
- Elizabeth Fowler, Ph.D., JD, Vice President, Global Health Policy, Johnson & Johnson
- James Greenwood, President & CEO, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
- Paul Hudson, CEO, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Clive Meanwell, M.D., Ph.D., CEO, The Medicines Company
Brent Saunders, CEO, Allergan
Additional speakers to be announced shortly!
Join fellow executives, investors, entrepreneurs, academics and other members of New Jersey's robust life sciences community for a day of learning and networking. The dynamic list of topics includes:
- An Industry Innovation Update
- Innovation Threats and Opportunities
- Emerging Companies on the Move
- Innovation, Politics and the Journey to Market
- Navigating the Unknown
- The Patient in the Process
- The Regulatory Horizon
- Where Does the Industry Need to Be and What Needs to Be Done?
Registration for the event is $595 for Members of BioNJ and affiliated organizations and $795 for future BioNJ Members. The CEO Summit's full-day program begins at 7:00 a.m. with a Networking Breakfast, followed by plenary sessions and a Closing Reception at 3:15 p.m.
BioNJ is a network of 400 Members representing research-based life sciences companies and stakeholders dedicated to propelling a vibrant ecosystem where Science is Supported, Companies are Created, Drugs are Developed and Patients are Paramount. Because Patients Can't Wait®, BioNJ supports its Members in the discovery, development and commercialization of therapies and cures that save and improve lives and lessen the burden of illness and disease to society by driving capital formation, fostering entrepreneurship, advocating for public policies that advance medical innovation, providing access to talent and education and offering a cost-saving array of critical commercial resources.