OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Marcus® Hotels & Resorts today unveiled its new dining and bar concepts, Society 1854 and Burdock + Bitters, located in Omaha’s Capitol District upscale urban dining and entertainment community. Scheduled to open later this summer, both concepts pay homage to Omaha’s industrial history, bringing a timeless, high-quality dining experience to guests and locals alike.
Society 1854 and Burdock + Bitters will be located at 222 N. 10th Street in the new Omaha Marriott Downtown at The Capitol District near the popular Old Market neighborhood, the CenturyLink Center, the TD Ameritrade Park and many of Omaha’s museums and attractions.
The two new concepts, Society 1854 and Burdock + Bitters, will be under the creative direction of Executive Chef Brent Hockenberry, Omaha Chef Jon Seymour, and Craftsman and Beverage Expert Grandville Sharpe.
Society 1854 – Omaha Eatery
Society 1854, named for the year Omaha was founded, will offer a regionally inspired menu featuring handcrafted recipes focusing on “all things local.” The culinary leaders are creating an authentically Midwestern seasonal breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. The menu will feature familiar American cuisine, while incorporating a unique, creative flair that highlights the region’s finest ingredients. The eatery will also tap into Omaha’s local breweries, offering a thoughtfully curated craft beer list from some of the best brewers in the state.
A selection of wines from some of the world’s finest appellations will also be available by the glass and bottle. Throughout the day, Society 1854 will feature a “sharing table” that highlights local food and tastings.
“Society 1854 represents a timeless eatery inspired by Omaha’s charm and will offer a space for guests to enjoy popular Midwestern staples with a modern twist. Our commitment to farm-to-table style preparations can be seen in every dish we create. We take great pride in working with local farmers, butchers, creameries and brewers to bring our guests a powerful culinary experience,” said Hockenberry.
Burdock + Bitters – Omaha Bar & Lounge
Omaha’s newest bar and lounge, Burdock + Bitters, will offer an array of spirits and cocktails, select beer and wine, and delectable small plates sure to take guests on a sensory food and beverage journey. Named for the two prominent ingredients in the classic American drink, The Old Fashioned, Burdock + Bitters will be perfect for after work happy hours, unwinding or a fun night on the town. Guests can sample the bar’s international collection of whiskey through whiskey flights, or enjoy a beer from its vast collection of seasonal, local, craft, macro and import offerings. Handcrafted cocktails are prepared with fresh ingredients mixed with local and exotic flavors, and an approachable collection of wines will be available by the bottle or glass.
“During each visit, our bartenders will personally guide guests through Burdock + Bitters’ menu, helping them learn about all our fine cocktail and spirit offerings,” added Hockenberry. “Located in the new energetic Capitol District, Burdock + Bitters will provide an upscale and modern space for all to enjoy a drink before or after a concert, a sporting event, or just for fun. Guests and locals can also take advantage of our weekly happy hour specials and discounts.”
Burdock + Bitters will also feature unique snacks and small plates perfect for sharing, as well as larger plates for guests looking to dine at the bar. A sample of featured cocktails include:
- Martinez – Old Tom gin, Italian vermouth, maraschino liqueur and bitters
- Bijou – Plymouth gin, Chartreuse, Italian vermouth and bitters
- Boulevardier – Bourbon, Campari and Italian vermouth
- Blood & Sand – Scotch whiskey, Cherry Herring, Italian vermouth and orange juice
- Cigar at Sunrise – Cold Brew Mezcal, blended scotch, Oleo Saccharum and habanero shrub bitters
Culinary & Beverage Leadership
- Chef Brent Hockenberry, who will oversee both the restaurant and bar concepts as well all banquets and catering for the 333-room hotel, joins the growing Omaha Marriott Downtown team with more than a decade of culinary and management experience in top resort properties, business hotels and fine dining restaurants across the globe. Prior to joining the Marriott Omaha Downtown, Hockenberry served as executive sous chef at the Grand Hyatt D.C., and has also worked in prestigious resorts across the Caribbean and Costa Rica.
- Chef Jon Seymour, well known among Omaha’s dining scene, will serve as sous chef of the two restaurant concepts. Seymour previously served as head chef of V. Mertz Restaurant and Winebar, and has worked at other prominent dining establishments including Jack Binion’s, The Boiler Room Restaurant and Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops. He also has run pop-up diners at Nite Owl and Block 16, among other locations.
- Grandville Sharpe joins the team as Burdock + Bitters’ craftsman and beverage expert. Learning from some of the very best in the industry, his experience includes most recently serving as bar manager at Omaha’s Le Bouillion, working under chef Paul Kulik. Sharpe has a passion for the details of his craft and believes that even the simplest of drinks should be a memorable experience.
The Omaha Marriott Downtown is now accepting reservations for group blocks, meetings, weddings and individual reservations. To make an individual reservation, please call (844) 696-3779 or make a reservation online. For those interested in booking a meeting or wedding, please contact Megan Gilligan, director of sales and marketing, via phone at (531) 205-7354, or email her at email@example.com.
For more information about the hotel, visit http://www.downtownomahamarriott.com/.
More information on the Capitol District Development is available at http://www.capitoldistrictomaha.com, and views of the project site can also be seen live at: http://www.workzonecam.com/projects/shamrock/capitaldistrict/workzonecam.
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
Marcus Hotels & Resorts owns and/or manages 17 hotels, resorts and other properties in the U.S. The company’s distinctive portfolio includes city-center meeting hotels, upscale resorts, historic properties, and premium branded and independent first-class hotels. Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an approved operator for all major lodging brands. A leader in the hospitality industry since 1962, Marcus Hotels & Resorts creates asset value for hotel owners through its expertise in management, development and product repositioning, including hotel food and beverage concepts developed by its Marcus Restaurant Group, featuring premier brands such as Mason Street Grill, ChopHouse and Miller Time Pub & Grill. The company is also growing its experiential restaurant concept, The SafeHouse, with a second location that opened in early 2017 in Chicago, Ill. For more information, please visit: http://media.marcushotels.com and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter (@MarcusHotels).
About the Capitol District
The Capitol District is Omaha’s only downtown entertainment district. The District surrounds a technology-smart, modern town square and will feature a 218-unit high rise apartment tower, a full-service Marriott hotel, Class A office space, plenty of adjacent parking and over 20 diverse restaurants and bars – all within walking distance of Omaha’s best civic, cultural and entertainment venues and the Riverfront. The Capitol District will connect, invigorate and entertain Omaha. The District will welcome people year-round at all times of day by hosting collaborative events, live music and everyday fun. For more information, visit www.capitoldistrictomaha.com