MIDDLETOWN, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To celebrate the national lender’s 34th year in business, Embrace Home Loans again engaged in company-wide volunteer efforts across the country during its anniversary week. Embrace employees serve organizations within their community, such as Lucy’s Hearth in Middletown, R.I., by building houses, providing landscaping, cooking at soup kitchens and more. This year, Embrace is helping more than 30 organizations and volunteered a total of 1,533 hours of service.
“The company turned 34 this week and we have recognized such with a day of service – an expression of thanks to our communities for their support, and one that exemplifies our corporate values of community and love,” said Kurt Noyce, president of Embrace Home Loans. “I am truly delighted by our company’s 34 years of success, but nothing makes me prouder than witnessing the heart of our teammates truly making a difference in our neighborhoods.”
Some teammates volunteered at local churches and community centers, such as Middletown, R.I.-based Methodist Community Gardens, to grow, harvest and distribute vegetables and herbs to local food pantries and shelters. Craig Zalcberg, loan officer at Embrace’s Middletown, R.I. location, spoke about his experience at Methodist Community Gardens. “This week, our department worked with the Methodist Community Gardens growing vegetables and fresh produce to distribute to local community members in need. It was incredible! I am so grateful to be a part of an organization that cares so much for their community. Our teams are gaining valuable life experience as well as building rewarding, life-long relationships with those in our community.”
Other teammates from Embrace’s Middletown office donated their time to The Confetti Foundation making and delivering unique, customized party boxes for children who are hospitalized on their birthdays. “It always feels great to give back to those in need, especially when you know you are helping a sick child. Walking into a hospital and delivering a birthday-in-a-box to a child who, otherwise, would not have a birthday, fills your heart with joy. Giving a little bit of our time can mean so much to someone else and can really change their lives for the better,” said Middletown branch manager Greg Gauthier.
In Fairfax, Va., teams dedicated their time assisting Links to Freedom Golf Foundation, an organization focused on supporting wounded warriors, disabled Veterans, and their families through rehabilitative golf programs at golf facilities nationwide. “It is amazing giving back to our community with the full support and encouragement of Embrace. At Embrace, we have a well-established track record of supporting local communities and organizations, as well as active military personnel and Veterans. I feel honored to have the opportunity to work together as a team providing support for our country’s Veterans. It is truly humbling and such a rewarding experience,” said Patrick Holland, vice president & branch manager of Embrace’s Fairfax, Va. office.
In celebration of the company’s 34th anniversary, Embrace Home Loans’ employees volunteered time to the following organizations:
- Cleaning-up Easton’s Beach (First Beach) in Newport, R.I.
- Cleaning-up Sachuest Beach (Second Beach) in Middletown, R.I.
- Cleaning-up Third Beach in Middletown, R.I.
- Painting, cleaning and moving items at Battleship Cove in Fall River, Ma.
- Creating a party in a box for children in the hospital on their birthday at the Confetti Foundation in Middletown, R.I.
- Planting, weeding and prepping soil at Methodist Community Gardens in Middletown, R.I.
- Building a house with Habitat for Humanity in Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Hosting a bingo game at the Lake Nona Veterans Hospital in Lake Nona, Fla.
- Volunteering at Stepping Stones Homeless Shelter in Rockville, Md.
- Volunteering with animals at Defenders of Animal Rights in Phoenix, Md.
- Building a house with Habitat for Humanity in North Kingstown, R.I.
- Cleaning up Sachuest Point in Middletown, R.I.
- Cleaning, painting and sorting food donations and clothing at Lucy's Hearth in Middletown, R.I.
- Helping the Food and Wellness Center at St. Edwards Church in Providence, R.I.
- Collecting litter at Miantonomi Park in Newport, R.I.
- Cleaning-up Brenton Point Park in Newport, R.I.
- Collecting litter at Island Park Beach in Portsmouth, R.I.
- Providing, preparing and serving lunch at the Lighthouse of Annapolis in Md.
- Cleaning-up Mullinix Park and parts of Appalachian Trail in Frederick, Md.
- Planting flowers at Boys Town in Middletown, R.I.
- Cleaning-up Bristol Animal Shelter in Bristol, R.I.
- Reading to children at Child and Family Services in Middletown, R.I.
- Painting and cleaning at Forever Paws Animal Shelter in Fall River, Ma.
- Preparing and serving food at Good Neighbors Soup Kitchen in East Providence, R.I.
- Collecting litter at Narragansett Beach in Middletown, R.I.
- Painting the Common Burial Ground fence at the Newport Common Burying Grounds in Newport, R.I.
- Building a fence for the Norman Bird Sanctuary in Middletown, R.I.
- Gardening at the Providence Athenaeum in Providence, R.I.
- Painting and cleaning at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Virginia in Lynchburg, Va.
- Assisted in opening day activities at Camp Ruggles in Warwick, R.I.
- Cleaning-up Jacobsburg State Park in Nazareth, Pa.
- Rehabilitating the Cove Cabin at Mount Hope Farm in Bristol, R.I.
- Assisting with set up of equipment for Links of Freedom event in Fairfax, Va.
- Providing breakfast and lunch to law enforcement for National Law Enforcement Day in Wilmington, De.
To learn more about Orange Week and Embrace’s core values, visit www.embracehomeloans.com/blog.
About Embrace Home Loans
Founded in 1983, Embrace Home Loans is a direct lender for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, approved by FHA and VA, and an issuer for Ginnie Mae. Embrace Home Loans has remained a prominent leader in the industry, having helped hundreds of thousands of individuals and their families purchase new homes, lower their monthly payments and consolidate high-interest debt since its inception. With 80+ offices and licensed in 46 states and D.C., Embrace has been recognized seven times as one of the Best Medium-sized Companies to Work for in America by Fortune and four times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in America by Inc. The company has also been recognized eleven times as one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island and as the Most Community Involved Company in Rhode Island by Providence Business News. For more information, please visit www.embracehomeloans.com.