TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Klick Inc. is being lauded for having one of the most healthy, engaged, and productive workforces in Canada. Last night, it won the Employee Recommended Workplace Award in the Large Employer – Private Company category.
“Taking care of your team is essential,” said Klick Co-Founder and CEO Leerom Segal. “We do a lot of work in healthcare so it’s part of our DNA. We recognize the importance of fostering a positive and healthy work environment and are always looking for new ways to help minimize stress and maximize healthy living through fitness, fun, and an empathetic, close-knit culture.”
Klick focuses on physical and mental wellness for employees through concentrated initiatives in three key areas and offers up these healthy tips:
- Hire for empathy, not just skills, to ensure an employee-centric culture and caring, accepting community at work
- Recognize both personal milestones and major life changes to celebrate employees’ achievements and help them through difficult times at home.
- Create an Employee Experience team, like KLIX (Klick Experience) to proactively help nurture and grow culture and engagement.
- Curate health-related Lunch and Learn sessions to educate and open dialog about everything from diabetes to depression.
- Host an Annual Wellness Week. One day, bring in Registered Massage Therapists to treat your people to in-office massages.
- Support your employees in starting clubs that promote relaxation and help de-stress, like Klick’s coloring club and meditation sessions.
- Make space for a Reflection Room for meditation, prayer, and/or quiet reflection.
- Consider adding an onsite wellness center and bring in instructors for free daily yoga and other fitness classes to help your people stay fit and de-stress.
- Create fun communal areas, like the Klick Café and outdoor patio, which provide fun and refreshing spaces to collaborate with others or take a break.
The Employee Recommended Workplace Award is unique among corporate wellness recognition programs in that it is entirely determined by employee feedback about their health in four perspectives – physical, mental, work and life.
“We are committed to ensuring Klick is the best place to work for our over 700 Klicksters and couldn’t be more grateful to them for their votes of confidence and their help in making Klick a happy and healthy place to be,” Segal added.
This latest accolade is not the first time the company has received an award based on employee feedback. Klick has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work and Best Employer – distinctions which both use extensive employee surveys to help determine company rankings.
About Klick Inc.
Klick operates with a fiercely independent spirit at the intersection of technology, creativity, and strategy. The Klick family is a diverse group of people who are driven and connected by a shared culture and commitment to the relentless pursuit of awesome at Klick Health, K2 Digital, Klick Learning Solutions (KLS), and Sensei Labs.
Established in 1997, Klick has teams in Atlanta, Connecticut, Chicago, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco and Toronto. Klick has been recognized for having one of the top 10 intranets in the world and has been consistently named a Great Place to Work, Best Workplace for Women, Best Employer, Fastest Growing Technology Company, and Best Managed Company. Klick’s co-founders wrote New York Times Bestseller The Decoded Company (Portfolio/Penguin, 2014), the first book about big data in the workplace. For more information on Klick companies, go to klick-inc.com.