MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), the leading independent enterprise Wi-Fi vendor, today announced the release of its new HiveManager® NG Virtual Appliance, a full-featured, unified network management system with the most economical on-premises deployment model available in the market. Customers can now manage thousands of devices and experience the full power of Aerohive’s cloud networking, deployed on their site, at a price that fits their budget. HiveManager NG Virtual Applicance can be easily deployed on a customer’s existing server infrastructure at a total cost of $1,799.
HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance includes the same advanced features for monitoring, security, and access management as Aerohive’s public cloud solution. This unified approach to public and private cloud networking strengthens Aerohive’s position as the only solution that can seamlessly scale in size and capabilities, and across deployment models to accommodate evolving customer and partner mobility requirements.
- The new HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance allows customers to deploy a complete on-premises Wi-Fi management platform for up to 2,000 access points and switches. HiveManager NG Virtual Applicance can be easily deployed on a customer’s existing server infrastructure at a total cost of $1,799. For customers who purchase new server hardware and software for their deployment the total cost to support a 500 AP network starts at $3,300. The total cost for a 2,000 AP network is less than $5,000, including HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance, server, and server software.
- As part of Aerohive’s Select™ offering, HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance provides deployment flexibility for customers who require full control over sensitive data on their premises, with the simplicity of cloud-based Wi-Fi deployment and management. On-premises customers receive the same benefits and capabilities from HiveManager NG running in their data center as they would receive from HiveManager NG running in Aerohive’s public cloud service. Aerohive is the only cloud networking solution that provides this level of functionality and deployment flexibility.
- HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance manages Aerohive’s unique cooperative-control Wi-Fi architecture, which distributes network intelligence among its self-organizing devices and, as a result, does not require centralized and expensive controllers. This significantly reduces the cost of the network management platform. Aerohive is the only vendor that uses the same architecture to support all customers, from the smallest organizations to the largest, allowing the ability to effortlessly scale from one to thousands of access points.
- HiveManager NG includes Aerohive’s next-generation network management capabilities. HiveManager NG sets a new standard for simplicity and flexibility in cloud networking, with an advanced, yet intuitive set of monitoring and troubleshooting tools, application visibility and control, reporting, secure profile-based access management ideal for guest and BYOD devices, and unified management of access points, Aerohive switches, and select Dell switches.
- HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance complements the recently announced Aerohive Connect™ solution that provides robust connectivity in public cloud deployments at an aggressive price point. Aerohive Connect customers who require the advanced features of the Select management solution or who want to manage their network from their own data center can seamlessly upgrade to a choice of public cloud or on-premises deployment options.
Pricing and Availability
- The HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance license is now available in North America and internationally through Aerohive channel partners starting at the U.S. list price of $1,799.
Third-party platform hardware and software is also available, as
- System management software: $500
- Server hardware: $2,400 to support up to 2,000 access points and switches, and $820 to support up to 500 APs and switches
“The new HiveManager Virtual Appliance from Aerohive is unique in that it provides the same, advanced feature set no matter what the deployment size,” said Chris DePuy, technology analyst, 650 Group. “This is an exciting offer for any organization looking for a simple and complete on-premises Wi-Fi management platform at a price that won’t break the bank.”
“We are excited to introduce Aerohive’s new HiveManager on-premises offering to our customers,” said Thomas Albrecht, sales director, networking, Bechtle. “Many of them have a firm requirement to deploy their wireless network management in their datacenter, with full control over the user data. HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance enables them to do just that, at a very attractive price point, while retaining all the benefits of the Aerohive cloud architecture and its enterprise-grade feature set.”
“Aerohive recognizes the fact that customers in many regions and industries require on-premises deployments, due to legal or organizational needs,” said David Flynn, chief executive officer, Aerohive Networks. “With the new HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance, we are pleased to bring the full power of Aerohive’s cloud networking platform to on-premises deployments, at such an attractive price point.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog http://boundless.aerohive.com/, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Connect” and “Aerohive Select” are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.