TUSTIN, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To ensure healthcare providers can deliver a quieter and more comfortable MR exam for every patient, Toshiba Medical, a Canon Group company, introduces its newest MR system, the Vantage Titan™ / Zen Edition 1.5T. The Zen Edition prioritizes intelligent workflow and patient comfort, providing a complete clinical offering to help clinicians make accurate diagnoses.
The new system features several patient comfort tools, workflow enhancements and new clinical applications:
- Quiet exams for more comfortable patients: Pianissimo™ Zen prioritizes patient comfort, making scanning even more quiet by reducing sound during acquisition by 99 percent.1
- Enhance cardiac workflow: Multi-echo T2* Mapping takes cardiac workflow one step further. T2 maps with Toshiba Medical’s updated FFE2D mEcho sequence can be used in quantification and analysis of myocardial iron overload.
- Expand cardiac capabilities: T1 mapping that utilizes Modified Look Locker Inversion (MOLLI) sequence allows providers to acquire a more quantitative characterization of myocardial tissue within a single breath hold.
- Provide more comfortable cardiac exams: Phase Sensitive Inversion Recovery (PSIR) in the heart provides improved contrast in late-enhanced imaging and eliminates the need for calibration, allowing cardiac exams to be completed with fewer breath holds and greater patient comfort.
- Expand clinical capabilities: Ultrashort Echo Time (UTE) captures images in tissues that generally disappear too quickly for accurate MR imaging, enabling imaging of anatomy such as the MSK and lungs to help providers obtain more information to diagnose and treat their patients.
- Improve workflow with automatic positioning: Automatic slice alignment for difficult procedures like cardiac, neuro and spine exams with EasyTech, which standardizes workflow with automatic positioning while delivering consistent image quality.
“Toshiba Medical puts customers first by delivering advanced technology with patient-friendly features, so they can provide exams that are quiet, comfortable and faster,” said Dominic Smith, senior director, CT, PET/CT, and MR Business Units, Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc. “The Zen Edition software includes enhancements to a comprehensive suite of innovative clinical applications, intelligent technology and an intuitive user interface that increases efficiency and workflow.”
About Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
Toshiba America Medical Systems, a Canon Group company headquartered in Tustin, Calif., markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and interventional X-ray equipment. For more information, visit Toshiba Medical’s website at www.medical.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Medical
Toshiba Medical offers a full range of diagnostic medical imaging solutions including Ultrasound, CT, X-Ray, and MR, across the globe. As of December 2016, Toshiba Medical became a member of the Canon Group. In line with our continued Made for Life philosophy, patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to provide medical professionals with solutions that support their efforts in contributing to the health and wellbeing of patients worldwide so that together our industry-leading solutions deliver an enriched quality of life.
1. 99% reduction by unit of Loudness level “dB” when mUTE or mUTE 4D-MRA sequences are used.
Vantage Titan and Pianissimo are trademarks of Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation.