NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, has won three Stevie® Awards—in the orientation video, service sales video and the lifestyle app categories— in the 15th Annual American Business Awards.
The American Business Awards are the nation’s premier business awards program. All organizations operating in the U.S.A. are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small. More than 190 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s Stevie winners.
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word meaning “crowned,” the awards were presented to winners at a gala ceremony last night at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York. More than 3,600 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories.
“These awards recognize the value and quality experience that the portfolio of Humana Wellness Solution’s products, as well as our engaging communications, bring to our members and partners,” said Nate Kvamme, Vice President of Humana Wellness Solutions. “Our team is honored and proud to be recognized by the American Business Awards, a premier organization and leader in their industry.”
The winning entries—which showcase Humana’s various initiatives—include videos and an app used to encourage healthy behaviors.
- Video Category (Orientation video) – EAP and Work-Life Services Employer & Employee Videos: Humana won for the Orientation Video category: the Humana EAP and Work-Life Employee and Employer Videos. Both versions are for the same product, but are customized for two different audiences. The videos provide an overview into the Humana EAP and Work-Life product, which provides short-term guidance and support for any issue that demands an employee’s time and attention, ultimately resulting in stress and decreased job performance. The employer version video speaks to organizations and managers on how the EAP improves well-being and productivity, while the employee version explains how the program can help individuals with everyday challenges and issues.
- Video Category (Sales: Service Sales) – Weight Watchers: Charlene: For the Service Sales Video award, the video features the testimonial of a Humana-Weight Watchers member which is used by Humana sales associates to demonstrate the impact of the program on individuals. It’s also been a way to connect with Humana members who have this benefit, but who have yet to take advantage. It tells the story of Charlene Higgins, who suffered from high cholesterol and blood pressure during a difficult period in her life.
- App Category (Lifestyle) – Goal Guru: The Goal Guru app is an easy-to-implement wellness solution for organizations (including employers, trade associations, conferences) aiming to help their employees/members to make healthier choices. With its step, weight, and sleep challenges, the app appeals to users because they get support through individual and team-based challenges and social interaction. The digital offering (iPhone and Android app, desktop enabled) uses system, client, and user-created challenges to engage individuals in wellness.
“Each year the judges find the quality and variety of the nominations to be greater than the year before. The 2017 competition was intense and every organization that has won should be proud,” said Michael Gallagher, president and founder of the Stevie Awards.
Details about The American Business Awards and the list of 2017 Stevie winners are available at www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in seven programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 10,000 entries each year from organizations in more than 60 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com