STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Global consumer retail leader and private brand pioneer, Daymon, released From Shopper to Advocate: The Power of Participation, a global study that identifies the new shopper landscape and its impact on the future of retail.
To understand the scope and implications of this novel retail landscape, Daymon surveyed 8,500 shoppers across eight countries, including Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, South Africa, the United States and the United Kingdom, related to everyday consumable products — food, beverages, personal care, household goods and medication.
The results revealed key insights shaping the future of retail:
- It’s not just generational – Shoppers can no longer be thought of as homogenous groups.
- Co-creation is the future of retail innovation. Shoppers increasingly desire to provide direct input to improve products and services.
- Fresh is the gateway to shopper loyalty, but it goes beyond a single department.
- A new dimension of Private Brand is emerging. Shoppers are giving Private Brands permission and expecting them to differentiate.
- Conversational engagement must extend outside the store.
- Seamless integration with mobile is a must.
“With legacy categories declining, digital strategies emerging and shoppers’ demand for engagement and customization increasing, retailers and brands must better understand the emerging needs and behaviors of shoppers on a global scale and dramatically rethink their go-to-market strategies,” said Dave Harvey, Vice President of Thought Leadership, Daymon. “As shopping becomes more on-demand and increasingly personalized each day, we find ourselves amid a seismic shift that promises to reshape retail as we know it.”
The significant and fundamental insights revealed in the study require a different way of thinking to ensure engagement among the Shopper turned Advocate. Retailers and brands must move beyond simple transactions and completely reimagine the shopping experience. To learn more about these transformational trends — and how retailers and brands can better position themselves for the future — download the study at http://daymon.com/.
Daymon provides global retail strategies and services that make the cash register ring. We are global leaders in building successful private brands, and delivering high-impact experiential consumer marketing and in-store services. Our business network includes more than 100 major retailers and nearly 6,000 manufacturers in 50 countries. We currently handle more than 1,700 brands and approximately 165,000 individual SKUs globally. For more information visit www.daymon.com.