SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A leader in transforming digital business flow in the enterprise, Alfresco Software today announced that it has been recognized for its innovation in delivering superior customer support. Omega, a leading organization recognizing achievements in customer support, named Alfresco a winner of the Omega NorthFace ScoreBoard (NFSB) Award for Outstanding Customer Service for the third consecutive year. In addition, Alfresco’s high-touch support approach contributed to 56 percent of customers reporting that they realize value from Alfresco in less than six months.
Feedback from Alfresco customers includes:
- “I really appreciated that someone was monitoring this 24x7, and the handoff from zone to zone was seamless. I was also notified each time the handoff occurred. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Thank you.” - a property insurance underwriting association
- “The feedback on the issue was simply ASTONISHING; amazing is a short word for it. Thanks a lot for the support.” - a communication management consulting company
- “If I could give more than 5 I would. Everything from helping me business analyze the best solution to helping me implement the technical solution. Jennie was there step by step. She put in a huge effort to be detailed so I would understand and even connected with me online when I had problems. What she has helped me accomplish not only solves my particular case, but it helps with other projects that I know we will need to do the same for. Truly appreciate her being there and helping us get a handle of how to do these development changes.” - a county air pollution control agency
“The support that we provide directly impacts our customers' ability to execute their own digital transformations,” said Andrea Lagan, Chief Customer Officer at Alfresco. “Our platform is at the core of many critical processes and transformative efforts for thousands of companies around the globe. Any delay or difficulty in implementing solutions using our platform can impact adoption and lead to additional cost, so our focus on improving our own processes ultimately lowers the time it takes for customers to drive similar transformations in their own businesses.”
One key element to the Alfresco customer support team’s success is aligning customer and support team training. All support staff attend Alfresco University for training, just as customers do. And to improve the consistency and speed of support engineer onboarding, Alfresco’s goal is to have all new hires prepared to attempt Alfresco’s four certifications within six months of employment.
Alfresco’s customer support organization also recently launched two initiatives that are already having a positive impact on customer success.
- Collaborative Case Handling – Where a traditional support organization would assign a case manager and walk through a series of tiered actions based on the problem’s level of difficulty, Alfresco provides case managers triage from expert support at the outset of a case, as well as a collaborative framework, which allows them to address critical problems more quickly.
- Knowledge-centered Support – To ensure that recurring issues are solved quickly, Alfresco support engineers address customer problems while simultaneously authoring content for use by the support team and customers alike.
In selecting its annual award winners in customer support excellence, Omega reviews customer satisfaction survey results from over 500 companies on average to determine their qualification for the NFSB Award. Companies must achieve a customer satisfaction rating of 4.0+ out of a possible 5.0 score (or equivalent rating system) over a 12-month calendar period to be recognized. Alfresco’s focus on continuous improvement in its customer support processes well exceeds the 4.0 marker. 2014, 2015 and 2016 were years of very high performance, with customer satisfaction scores improving from an average of 4.5 out of 5.0 to an average of 4.6 out of 5.0.
“Since rolling out our latest initiatives, we're seeing our customer satisfaction scores for the current quarter averaging nearly 4.7 out of 5.0,” said Justin Adams, Vice President of Customer Support. “This was a really well designed process and launch, produced and implemented by the team members themselves, and has begun paying immediate dividends directly to our customers in reduced times to handle and solve cases.”
The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern and secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. Accompanied by Alfresco Support, customers have access to all the tools they need to successfully implement and manage Alfresco, including the Alfresco Support Portal and knowledge base, product documentation and downloads, support alerts and notifications, support handbook and more.
To learn more about Alfresco Support, please visit: https://www.alfresco.com/services/subscription/technical-support
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information. Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA be more responsive and competitive. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.