HILLSBORO, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), the global leader in digital media processing solutions, today announced that it has once again been named the global leader of the media server market with over 60% worldwide revenue market share for CY16, according to a new report from IHS Markit. This is the thirteenth consecutive year that Radisys has been named the market leader by IHS Markit*.
- IHS Markit’s report, Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers, is a quarterly market tracker that analyzes revenue trends, market share, year-over-year gains and overall market trends. In this report, Radisys has been named the leading provider of media server solutions for 13 years in a row, with more than 60 percent market share in CY16.
- The IHS Markit report also predicts that the majority of future growth for IMS equipment, including media servers, will come from operators that will launch VoLTE and VoWiFi. In 2017, China and India markets in particular are expected to see strong growth.
- Radisys’ MediaEngine™ leads the transformation of the carrier media server market as it evolves to cloud and NFV to deliver multimedia applications such as VoLTE, VoWiFi and video at scale. Radisys’ MediaEngine has been deployed by leading mobile operators, including the world’s fastest-growing VoLTE deployment in India.
- MediaEngine is now certified to run on Radisys’ DCEngine™, a hyperscale datacenter platform optimized for telco. This combined solution provides the highest density option in the market for media processing, extending the ROI of customers’ DCEngine investments.
“Radisys remains a dominant force in the market and innovator in media processing solutions and looks to maintain its position as global VoLTE and VoWiFi deployments and media services, such as video, continue to be central to operators’ service offerings,” said Diane Myers, senior research director, IHS Markit.
“Our MediaEngine strategy centers around delivering a high performance and highly scalable platform that is vendor and application agnostic with open APIs. This strategy has allowed our customers to roll out VoLTE and VoWiFi with a cost and time-to-market advantage relative to our competition which has firmly established our market leadership,” said Grant Henderson, vice president, Corporate Marketing and MediaEngine, Radisys. “Through our delivery of high performance real-time media processing, we enable our customers to rapidly bring new innovative services to market and generate new revenues.”
Radisys helps communications and content providers, and their strategic partners, create new revenue streams and drive cost out of their services delivery infrastructure. Radisys’ hyperscale software-defined infrastructure, service aware traffic distribution platforms, real-time media processing engines and wireless access technologies enable its customers to maximize, virtualize and monetize their networks. For more information about Radisys, please visit www.radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Information based on IHS Markit, Technology Group, Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers, May 2017. Information is not an endorsement of Radisys Corporation. Any reliance on these results is at the third party's own risk. Visit technology.ihs.com for more details.