PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fox Rothschild LLP is pleased to announce that Elizabeth Litten and Mark McCreary, CIPP/US have been named co-chairs of the firm’s national Privacy and Data Security Practice.
Recognized as a pioneer in this quickly evolving area of law, Fox has developed several cutting-edge strategies to keep clients and contacts informed on the latest developments in the laws and regulations that govern privacy and data security.
A sampling of the firm’s notable steps includes:
- Data Breach 411: In 2014, Fox was the first law firm to design a comprehensive data breach response iPhone app. Data Brach 411 has become a go-to resource on state data breach notification rules and regulations and related materials, which helps privacy officers and in-house counsel nationwide to navigate constantly changing regulations.
- Chief Privacy Officer: As part of the firm’s ongoing commitment to protecting the confidential and personal information of clients and employees, the firm named McCreary as its first Chief Privacy Officer in 2015.
- HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer: To complement the firm’s robust data privacy and health law practices and further the firm’s mission to protect sensitive data, Fox named Litten as its first HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer in 2016.
- Privacy and Data Security Blog: This blog guides readers through the policies and best practices of data breach response and covers topics such as compliance with data protection laws and regulatory enforcement and litigation as well.
- Privacy Desk Reference: This downloadable resource is a concise set of guidelines for protecting businesses from existing and future threats, and plugging existing data security holes.
Fox’s national network of Privacy and Data Security attorneys frequently speak on the balance between the government’s need to gather information to safeguard national interests and an individual’s right to privacy under the Fourth Amendment. With more than 30 attorneys nationwide, the group was lauded by BTI in its list of Law Firms Best at Cybersecurity.
Litten is ranked as a leading health care attorney in New Jersey by Chambers USA. She serves as national and regional counsel to hospital systems, health care facilities, health plans, technology companies, physicians groups and a wide range of other health care-related organizations and entities.
McCreary, who was named a Trailblazer in cyber security law by The National Law Journal, focuses his practice on compliance with privacy-related laws and regulations (domestic and international), as well as responses in the event of a data breach.
About Fox Rothschild LLP
Fox Rothschild LLP (www.foxrothschild.com) is a full-service law firm built to serve businesses of all sizes as well as individuals. Over the past 100 years, we have grown to 800 lawyers in 22 offices coast to coast. Clients come to Fox because we understand their issues, their priorities and the way they think. At Fox, we care about your success as much as you do.