MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) today announced voting results from its 2017 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Shareholders elected 12 members of the board of directors, ratified the appointment of Target’s independent registered public accounting firm, approved the “Say on Pay” management proposal, approved “1 Year” as the recommendation for the frequency of Say on Pay Votes and approved the Target Corporation Executive Officer Cash Incentive Plan.
The Carideo Group, the independent Inspector of Elections, has certified all voting results for the Annual Meeting, held on June 14, 2017. The final tabulation indicates that approximately 494 million shares were voted, representing 89.5 percent of outstanding shares.
The final tabulation of votes for each proposal is as follows:
1. Shareholders elected each of the following board nominees for a one-year term by a majority of the votes cast:
|Roxanne S. Austin||94.8||5.2|
|Douglas M. Baker, Jr.||86.0||14.0|
|Brian C. Cornell||94.5||5.5|
|Henrique De Castro||98.3||1.7|
|Robert L. Edwards||99.1||0.9|
|Melanie L. Healy||98.4||1.6|
|Donald R. Knauss||98.3||1.7|
|Monica C. Lozano||99.1||0.9|
|Mary E. Minnick||98.8||1.2|
|Derica W. Rice||99.0||1.0|
|Kenneth L. Salazar||98.8||1.2|
2. Shareholders ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as Target’s independent registered accounting firm for fiscal 2017:
3. Shareholders approved, on a non-binding advisory basis, Target’s executive compensation (“Say on Pay”):
4. Shareholders approved, on an advisory basis, a frequency of “1 Year” as the recommendation for the frequency of Say on Pay votes:
5. Shareholders approved the Target Corporation Executive Officer Cash Incentive Plan:
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,807 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, which today equals millions of dollars a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.