DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Anti-Corrosion Coatings Market - Forecast to 2023" report to their offering.
According to a study by NACE International - the worldwide corrosion authority, the global annual expenditure to mitigate corrosion is in the range of $2.5 trillion, roughly equal to 3.4% of the world's GDP. Protecting assets from corrosion is, hence, a critical requirement for all industries. Various protective, marine, and industrial coatings formulated to protect substrates such as metals and concrete from damage due to corrosion are broadly termed anti-corrosion coatings.
In this study, the global anti-corrosion coating market is analyzed for the end-user industries of oil and gas, manufacturing, water and wastewater, commercial architecture, infrastructure, marine, and power generation. The base year is 2016. The major chemistries involved in the formulation of these coatings are epoxy, polyurethane, polysiloxane, acrylic, and alkyds. The corrosion protection requirement of a coating varies based on the corrosion environment to which a substrate is expected to be exposed. Corrosive environments are rated from C1 to C5 according to ISO 12944-2 classification. Coatings used for protecting substrates in environments C1 and C2 are categorized as low-range coatings, C3 are categorized as medium-range coatings, and C4, C5I, and C5M are categorized as higher-end protective coatings in this study.
The anti-corrosion coatings market is highly competitive among manufacturers of lower-range products used mostly in manufacturing, infrastructure, and commercial architecture. Additionally, the presence of a significant number of large and regional market participants offering such products compels manufacturers to maintain low prices due to the high price sensitivity of customers, especially in the developing countries of Asia-Pacific.
- Akzo Nobel
- Anticorrosion Protective Systems
- Denso Corrosion Prevention
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Drivers and Restraints - Total Anti-corrosion Coatings Market
4. Forecasts and Trends - Total Anti-corrosion Coatings Market
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis - Total Anti-corrosion Coatings Market
6. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
7. End-user Industry Analysis - Oil & Gas
8. End-user Industry Analysis - Manufacturing
9. End-user Industry Analysis - Water & Wastewater
10. End-user Industry Analysis - Commercial Architecture
11. End-user Industry Analysis - Infrastructure
12. End-user Industry Analysis - Marine
13. End-user Industry Analysis - Power Generation
14. North America Breakdown
15. Europe Breakdown
16. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
17. Rest of the World Breakdown
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z2v42l/global