DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Dual Clutch Transmissions - Global Strategic Development Roadmap to 2022" report to their offering.
Propelled by Transmission Efficiency Improvement Efforts, DCTs to Grow by 7% - 8% Globally; Reflecting a Strong Growth Trajectory in North America and China
This study on the future of dual clutch transmission technology investigates the strategies of key original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to improve fuel efficiency and vehicle drivability. Starting off with a brief background of transmission and DCT technologies, this compares the advancement of dry and wet DCT technologies.
Segment-wise applications, current and future trends, are discussed in detail. Key industry participants, applicable segments, technology innovation, and growth of high-speed DCTs have also been studied. Key drivers of DCTs, including the need for better fuel efficiency, faster gear shifts, and higher driver engagement are also discussed in detail.
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the factors impacting the growth of different transmission types across different markets?
- What will lead to rapid adoption of dual clutch transmissions in light duty vehicles?
- In which segments will the adoption of dual clutch transmissions be faster toward 2022?
- What are the regional differences in the adoption of dual clutch transmission?
- What is the growth outlook of dual clutch transmissions with the advent of large volumes of Plug-in hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs) and other hybrids?
- What levels of priority have various OEMs accorded to dual clutch transmissions as they try to improve the gear shifting experience and reduce their average fleet emissions?
Key Opportunities and Growth Drivers for Dual Clutch Transmission Technologies:
- Strict regulations of CO2 emission and fuel efficiency norms in key regions of the world will require OEMs to make DCTs more fuel efficient.
- The added benefit of lesser CO2 emission and more fuel efficiency will make Hybrid Dual Clutch Transmission (HDCT) a common transmission.
- The use of plastics and advanced steels for construction of transmission will help OEMs reduce CO2 emissions, making the vehicle more fuel efficient.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Background, Technical Segmentation, and Types of DCTs
3. Dry Versus Wet Dual Clutch Transmission
4. Dual Clutch Transmissions - Speed Ratio
5. Market Trends Affecting Dual Clutch Transmissions
6. OEMs Global Scenarios
7. Key Industry Participants in Dual Clutch Transmissions
8. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
9. The Last Word
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x36jh2/dual_clutch