DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Battery Energy Storage Systems for Grid Applications in Asia-Pacific - Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The Asia-Pacific grid-connected battery based energy storage systems market is forecast to record a CAGR of less than 30% from 2016 to 2021.
The key objective of this research study is to understand the dynamics of the utility-scale, grid-connected battery-based energy storage systems (BESS) market for utility applications. The geographic scope of the study includes South Asia (India and China), Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Myanmar), East Asia (Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea), and ANZ (Australia and New Zealand).
Further along the forecast period, the key countries that are expected to see strong growth opportunities are China, Japan, Korea, and Australia. BESS are adopted across the utility value chain across generation, transmission, and distribution to the end-user level, where behind-the-meter energy management practices are taken care of by storage. The applications for BESS range from electric energy time-shift, electric supply capacity at the generation side to transmission support, congestion relief, deferral, substation on-site power at the T&D side. Battery energy storage manufacturers will need to focus more on the modularity of the product with an ability to withstand higher temperatures and work under extreme physical conditions.
This study focuses on the following important elements under the five broad battery chemistries that are used in the application of large-scale grid-connected energy storage systems:
- Flow battery
The following are the key questions that this study will answer:
- What is the current status of the BESS market? What are its immediate and future prospects?
- What are the key growth opportunities in the BESS market that are likely to help market participants stay relevant? What steps should a BESS manufacturer take?
- What will be the potential BESS market size in 2021? What are the key factors that will drive the market to continue to stay relevant until 2021?
- Which is the most attractive range among the lithium-ion, sodium, nickel, lead acid, and flow battery chemistries in the market? Which are the ones that are likely to continue to reap benefits until 2021?
- What are the major factors hindering business development opportunities for BESS manufacturers?
- Which country in the region is said to have a strong growth potential for BESS power systems in the long run?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
4. Drivers and Restraints
5. Forecasts and Trends
6. BESS Projects - Operational, Announced, and Under-construction
7. Policies and Regulations
8. Value Chain Analysis
9. BESS Competitive Landscape
10. Emerging Business Models, Partnerships, and Notable Investments
11. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vkpcl8/battery_energy