ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Brightree®, the leading provider of cloud-based patient management software for post-acute care companies, today announced the release of its new Patient Financial Services solution, providing home medical equipment (HME) providers enhanced live-call resources to streamline their patient payment process, including payment plan options, progress reporting and enrollment opportunities.
Patient Financial Services uses automation and integration tools to help providers get paid faster, improve their efficiency, and enable their staff to concentrate on higher-value activities. The new services are designed to help HMEs improve patient engagement and satisfaction through conversations with live, knowledgeable agents to resolve outstanding payment issues.
How it works
Patient Financial Services enables HMEs to more easily:
- Predict the likelihood that a patient will pay a late invoice if contacted
- Remind patients of balances owed and use live-call agents to procure one-time or incremental payments, or schedule the return of the provider’s assets if payment is not an option
- Perform pre-qualification of financial hardship assessment for patients
- Enroll patients on the provider’s Brightree Patient Collections’ automated payment services, to eliminate manual processes and delays
- View and execute payment collections directly through Brightree Patient Collections’ AR Dashboard
“Patient Financial Services goes beyond a traditional calling service by giving HMEs a better idea of where patients stand financially and allows them to efficiently collect patient AR (accounts receivable),” said Shaw Rietkerk, executive vice president and general manager, Brightree Revenue Cycle Management. “As patient collections and healthcare payments become more complex, Brightree is focused on addressing these challenges, providing clear progress reporting that preserves and improves the patient relationship with a more personal touch.”
“With this new service, Brightree acts as an extension of a provider’s staff to contact a patient, understand their financial situation and work with them on a payment solution to resolve the balance,” said Jennifer Leon, vice president, Brightree Patient Collections.
Brightree, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ResMed (NYSE: RMD), is a leading provider of cloud-based software to improve clinical and business performance of post-acute care companies. Ranked one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S., Brightree serves more than 2,200 organizations in the HME, home health, hospice, orthotic and prosthetic, HME pharmacy, home infusion, and rehabilitation home care segments. For more information, visit www.brightree.com or call 1.888.598.7797. Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.