DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "BRCA 1 & 2 Mutation in Cancer Forecast in 18 Major Markets 2017-2027" report to their offering.
It has long been established that BRCA1 and BRCA2 (BReast CAncer susceptibility gene) germline mutations confer a higher risk of developing ovarian or breast cancer in women that carry the mutation. However, it has also been established that BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations also confer higher risk of developing cancers such as prostate, pancreatic, stomach and colorectal in individuals that carry the mutations.
This report provides the current prevalent population for BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutations in cancer populations across 18 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, India, South Africa and Australia) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team, several of the main cancers with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures.
BRCA1/2 mutations are most often associated with the following cancers:
And less frequently with the following cancers:
- Malignant melanoma
- Kidney cancer
Key Topics Covered:
2. Cause of the Disease
3. Risk Factors & Prevention
4. Diagnosis of the Disease
5. Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
6. Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
7. Key Comorbid Conditions/Features Associated with the Disease
8. Methodology for quantification of patient numbers
9. Top-line Prevalence for BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutations in Cancer populations
10. BRCA Mutations by type of cancer
11. Abbreviations used in the report
12. Analysis Online Patient-Based Databases
13. Patient-Based Offering
14. Online Pricing Data and Platforms
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q5gdr5/brca_1_and_2