CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals announces the latest State of the Science Summit™: Updates in Management of Adenocarcinoma of the Lung, which will be held on July 8, 2017 at the Fairmont in San Jose, CA. Beginning at 9:00 a.m., the program will feature prominent speakers from the field of oncology and will be chaired by Heather Wakelee, M.D., associate professor of medicine (oncology) at Stanford University School of Medicine.
The attendees will be offered complimentary brunch and drinks during the networking reception at the four-hour educational event. The summit will feature the following speakers from Stanford Health Care, who will discuss vital topics in the field of lung cancer, such as stem cells and lung adenocarcinoma, stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and models of NSCLC heterogeneity, and ALK inhibitors in NSCLC.
- Tushar Desai, M.D., is an assistant professor of medicine (pulmonary and critical care) specializes in general pulmonary and interstitial lung diseases like idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Billy W. Loo, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., DABR, serves as a physician-scientist radiation oncologist and bioengineer who leads the thoracic radiation oncology program.
- Maximilian Diehn, M.D., Ph.D., is an assistant professor of radiation oncology with a clinical focus on thoracic oncology, radiation oncology and radiation therapy.
- Joel Neal, MD, PhD, is an assistant professor of medicine, with a primary clinical interest in thoracic oncology.
- Sukhmani Padda, M.D., serves as an assistant professor of medicine (oncology) with a clinical focus in cancer and oncology.
- Monte Winslow, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of genetics and of pathology and an active member of Stanford Neuroscience Institute.
- Arthur Sung, M.D., serves as a clinical associate professor, medicine-pulmonary and critical care medicine.
- Millie Das, M.D., is a clinical assistant professor, medicine-oncology with a specialization in treatment of lung cancer.
Registration is free and open to all healthcare professionals. For more information and for registration please visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at: ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can utilize to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News®, Oncology Business Management™ and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.