OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: AMTD) today announced company metrics for May 2017.
Monthly activities for May 2017 included:
- An average of 514,000 client trades per day in May 2017, up 16 percent from May 2016 and up 2 percent from April 2017.
- $872.3 billion in total client assets as of May 31, 2017, up 20 percent from May 2016 and up 2 percent from April 2017.
- Average spread-based balances(1) of $117.6 billion, up 11 percent from May 2016 and down 1 percent from April 2017.
- Average fee-based balances(2) of $190 billion, up 18 percent from May 2016 and up 2 percent from April 2017.
A document detailing historical trends for this monthly activity can be found in the “Investor relations” section of the company’s corporate web site, www.amtd.com. Simply click on “Financials & reports” and select the “Operating metrics” tab.
Interested parties can visit or subscribe to newsfeeds at www.amtd.com for the most up-to-date corporate financial information, presentation announcements, transcripts and archives. The company also communicates this information via Twitter, @TDAmeritradePR. Web site links, corporate titles and telephone numbers provided in this release, although correct when published, may change in the future.
About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (Nasdaq:AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how — bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 40 years. TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade’s newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information.
Source: TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
(1) Spread-based assets are client and brokerage-related
assets, including client margin balances, segregated cash, the TD
Ameritrade FDIC Insured Deposit Account (IDA) balances, deposits paid on
securities borrowing and other cash and interest earning investment
balances. IDA balances are held at TD Bank, N.A. and TD Bank USA, N.A.,
affiliates of TD Ameritrade.
(2) Fee-based balances are client assets invested in money market funds, other mutual funds and Company programs such as Essential Portfolios and AdvisorDirect. Essential Portfolios is an investment advisory service of TD Ameritrade Investment Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. AdvisorDirect connects a prospective client with an independent financial advisor. TD Ameritrade, Inc., TD Ameritrade Clearing, Inc. and TD Ameritrade Investment Management, LLC are subsidiaries of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation.