PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) today announced the preliminary results of its 2017 Annual Meeting of Shareholders held this morning. Final voting results will be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on a Form 8-K within four business days.
- Election of Directors: Shareholders elected all nominees to Comcast’s Board of Directors for one-year terms. Comcast’s Board has 10 directors, eight of whom are independent.
- Ratification of the Appointment of our Independent Auditors: Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP to serve as independent auditors for the year ending December 31, 2017.
- Advisory Vote on Executive Compensation: Shareholders voted in favor of this proposal.
- Advisory Vote on Frequency of Vote on Executive Compensation: Shareholders voted that the advisory vote on executive compensation be conducted every year.
- To Prepare an Annual Report on Lobbying Activities: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
- Stop 100-to-One Voting Power: This proposal was not presented by the shareholder proponent or his representative; therefore, the proposal was not acted upon at the meeting.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation’s largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the XFINITY brand. NBCUniversal operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.