VANCOUVER, British Columbia & PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ:SWIR) (TSX:SW), a leading provider of fully integrated device-to-cloud solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced that technical experts and business leaders in the IoT ecosystem will converge, exchange and learn about key topics, such as LPWA, 5G, IoT security, open source, Smart SIMs and the vision for global connectivity, at the fifth annual Innovation Summit, June 13, 2017, at the Paris Novotel Tour Eiffel.
Highly anticipated presentations include:
- Renaud Perrier, Head of Google Cloud ISV Partnerships, EMEA & APAC, sharing ideas about how cloud technology and capabilities will simplify the adoption of IoT solutions in the enterprise;
- Vaibhav Parmar, Partner, PwC, speaking about how businesses are transforming thanks to IoT technology;
- Wade Lindsey, Director Product Management, Connected Living, and Djordje Simic, Senior Connectivity Expert, Flex, speaking about connecting people, vehicles and the home; and
- Philippe Guillemette, Chief Technology Officer, Sierra Wireless, discussing the future of IoT networks and the implications for businesses.
- 5G for the IoT: New Business Enabled by 5G, a panel discussion featuring executives from the GSMA, Intel, Orange, Qualcomm and OT Morpho, moderated by Adarsh Krishnan, Senior Analyst at ABI Research;
- Real-world use cases and business perspectives presented by Sierra Wireless customers, including Hino Motors (a Toyota Group company), Invers, Zobox Limited and Arval about their own connected applications, moderated by Robin Duke-Woolley, Founder and CEO of Beecham Research;
- How Open Source Technologies are Transforming the Industrial IoT, with Ashish Syal, Founder of the mangOH Platform and Jen Chitty, Lead Architect of the Legato Open Source Linux Platform;
- Security in the IoT Space, with Larry Leblanc, Chief Engineer, Security, Sierra Wireless;
- Cellular LPWA: Current Status and Deployments, with Nicolas Damour, Senior Manager, Business & Innovation and Thierry Uguen, Director, Product Line Management, Sierra Wireless;
- Global Connectivity: Fact or Fiction?, with Cyril Hullin, VP Product Marketing, Cloud & Connectivity Services, Sierra Wireless; and
- Tutorials and hands-on workshops for building IoT applications and connecting them through the cloud.
The showroom will feature 24 live IoT demonstrations showcasing tomorrow's technologies in action, including Sierra Wireless’ Ready-to-Connect module with embedded Smart SIM connecting sensor data from a (miniature) rally vehicle, and sending that data through the mobile network to the AirVantage® IoT platform.
Innovation Summit sponsors include platinum sponsors Flex and Intel, along with Jabil, Qualcomm, Altair Semiconductor, L&T Technology Services, Mediatek, OT Morpho, Simulity, Taoglas Antenna Solutions and USI.
For more information about the Sierra Wireless Innovation Summit and to register, visit http://summit.sierrawireless.com. Follow @SierraWireless on Twitter and #SWIS2017 for the latest news and developments.
About Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. Customers Start with Sierra because we offer the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of 2G, 3G and 4G embedded modules and gateways, seamlessly integrated with our secure cloud and connectivity services. OEMs and enterprises worldwide trust our innovative solutions to get their connected products and services to market faster. Sierra Wireless has more than 1,100 employees globally and operates R&D centers in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Connect with Sierra Wireless on the IoT Blog at http://www.sierrawireless.com/iot-blog, on Twitter at @SierraWireless, on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sierra-wireless and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/SierraWireless.
“mangOH”, “Legato”, “AirVantage” and “Sierra Wireless” are trademarks of Sierra Wireless. Other product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.