WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT), a global solution provider in the reverse supply chain with the world’s largest marketplace for business surplus, is pleased to announce five top ideas for graduation gifts from Liquidation.com, a leading e-commerce marketplace where professional buyers purchase bulk lots of returned retail merchandise for their resale channels.
This year’s top suggestions include:
- Cell phones and accessories. These days, cell phones and accessories are necessities of life. Why not surprise your grad with a new iPhone or Galaxy? Or maybe a wireless charging pad or cell phone case – perfect accessories that will ensure their phone is ready and charged, just in time to take that call from mom and dad.
- Desktop and laptop computers. Computers are big-ticket items many graduates can’t afford on their own, but they’re essential for class and post-grad life. Need more budget-friendly options? Check out accessories like headphones, graphics cards or routers. They’re fun and will score major brownie points with new roomies.
- Computer monitors. With the growing popularity of streaming video, monitors are a great accompaniment to a desk top or laptop. They come in all shapes and sizes – perfect for any budget. Your grad can now watch Game of Thrones on the big screen.
- Bedding. What shows your personality more than unique bedding? No matter if it’s a dorm room or first apartment, duvet covers, pillow cases, blankets and towels are always appreciated -- especially if they reflect your grad’s sense of style.
- Furniture. Another big-ticket item, but a have-to-have for some dorm rooms and that first apartment. Grads need the basics like beds and sofas. But smaller essentials, like rugs and lamps, are good alternatives that won’t break the bank.
“Graduating from high school, college or professional school is a major life accomplishment,” said Jim Rallo, president of Liquidity Services’ Retail Supply Chain Group. “Practical items such as consumer electronics, furniture and home appliances are great gift ideas for cash-strapped graduates as they start the next chapter of their lives, whether they’re heading to college, graduate school or starting a first job. This year, the National Retail Federation (NRF) estimates that total graduation spend could reach as much as $5.6 billion, which makes purchasing gifts from our professional buyers’ resale channels a smart way to get more for less.”
Liquidation.com is an e-commerce marketplace where professional buyers can purchase commercial surplus inventory and government surplus assets in an online environment. Bulk lots are sold by the truckload, pallet, or small package, and conditions range from new in a box to customer returns and used. The wide variety of product categories includes apparel, computers, electronics, housewares, industrial equipment and vehicles.
To place bids on these items, or participate in any auction on a Liquidity Services marketplace, please register.
About Liquidity Services
Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) employs innovative e-commerce marketplace solutions to manage, value and sell inventory and equipment for business and government clients. The company operates a network of leading e-commerce marketplaces that enable buyers and sellers to transact in an efficient, automated environment offering over 500 product categories. Our superior service, unmatched scale and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients worldwide. With nearly $7 billion in completed transactions, and 3 million buyers in almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven leader in delivering smart commerce solutions. Visit us at LiquidityServices.com.