Investment Company with Variable Capital
Registered office: 49, avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
R.C.S. Luxembourg B-119.899
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SHAREHOLDERS OF THE FOLLOWING SUB-FUNDS:
db x-trackers MSCI EM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDEX UCITS ETF
db x-trackers MSCI EM HEALTHCARE INDEX UCITS ETF
(each a “Terminating Sub-Fund” and together the “Terminating Sub-Funds”)
30 May 2017
This notice is to inform you on behalf of the board of directors of the Company (the “Board of Directors”) about recent developments in respect of the above Sub-Fund(s) in which you hold Shares.
Capitalised terms used in this notice shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in the latest version of the prospectus of the Company (the “Prospectus”) unless the context otherwise requires.
The Board of Directors has resolved to terminate the Terminating Sub-Funds with effect from 7 July 2017 (the “Termination Date”) and to proceed with the compulsory redemption of all outstanding shares of the Terminating Sub-Funds in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and Prospectus (the “Terminations”). The last Net Asset Value of the Terminating Sub-Funds will be calculated as of 7 July 2017.
The Board of Directors deems it appropriate to close the Terminating Sub-Funds because they have demonstrated persistently low levels of demand. The closure of sub-funds that have demonstrated sustained low levels of demand is an ordinary part of the business, along with the launch of new sub-funds where high levels of demand exist. The closure of the Terminating Sub-Funds is the latest in a series of terminations agreed by the Board of Directors to secure the needs of Shareholders of the Company in general.
Trading on the London Stock Exchange will cease with effect from close of trading on 30 June 2017 (the "Last Trading Day"). Therefore, sale or purchase of Shares in the Terminating Sub-Funds in the secondary market may only be made until close of trading on the relevant stock exchange on the Last Trading Day. For the avoidance of doubt the secondary market includes both trades on the London Stock Exchange and any over-the-counter trades. The Terminating Sub-Funds are listed on the United Kingdom Listing Authority's Official List and as a result of the Terminations, the Terminating Sub-Funds will be de-listed from the Official List with effect from 8.00am on the Applicable Cut-Off Date.
Requests for subscription or redemption for Shares in the Terminating Sub-Funds in the primary market, where applicable, may be made in the usual manner for processing in accordance with the Prospectus until the Applicable Cut-Off Date as specified in the table below. However, the liquidation costs (if any) will be taken into account in the Redemption Price. After the Applicable Cut-Off Date, as specified in the table below, no further redemptions and subscriptions will be accepted.
Please see below for a summary of the information above:
|Name of Sub-Fund||ISIN||Stock Exchange(s) from which the Sub-Fund is to be de-listed||Last Trading Day on Stock Exchange(s) from which the Sub-Fund is to be de-listed||Applicable Cut-Off Date for primary market orders||Termination Date|
|db x-trackers MSCI EM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDEX UCITS ETF||LU0592217102||London Stock Exchange, XETRA||30 June 2017||3 July 2017||7 July 2017|
|db x-trackers MSCI EM HEALTHCARE INDEX UCITS ETF||LU0592216989||London Stock Exchange, XETRA||30 June 2017||3 July 2017||7 July 2017|
The following terms and conditions of the compulsory redemptions have been determined in accordance with article 21 of the Articles of Incorporation and shall apply as of the Termination Date:
1. each Terminating Sub-Fund shall be liquidated and the Redemption Price for each Class of Shares of each of the Terminating Sub-Funds will be determined by reference to the Net Asset Value of the respective Class of Shares of each Terminating Sub-Fund as of the Termination Date (the “Reference NAV”). The Reference NAV will take into account, amongst other expenses, all costs resulting from the anticipated realisation and liquidation of the remaining investments of each of the Terminating Sub-Funds;
2. no Redemption Charge will be applied;
3. the Redemption Proceeds will be paid in the relevant Reference Currency;
4. the payment of the Redemption Proceeds to the registered Shareholders and the clearing agents, resulting from the compulsory redemption, will take place at the latest 10 Luxembourg Business Days after the Termination Date (the “Payment Date”). It should be noted that payment of the Redemption Proceeds to Shareholders who hold shares via intermediaries may take longer than 10 Luxembourg Business Days; and
5. the Redemption Proceeds relating to Shares for which payment to Shareholders could not be made, will be deposited with the Caisse de Consignation in Luxembourg on behalf of the persons entitled thereto as soon as possible after the Payment Date and in any event before the closure of the liquidation procedure.
Shareholders who subscribe or redeem Shares in any of the Terminating Sub-Funds on the primary market, where applicable, are entitled to redeem their Shares in any of the Terminating Sub-Funds in accordance with the Prospectus as indicated above. Please note that the Company does not charge any redemption fee for the sale of Shares in the secondary market. Orders to sell Shares through a stock exchange can be placed via an authorised intermediary or stockbroker. However, Shareholders should note that orders in the secondary market may incur costs over which the Company has no control and to which the above disapplication of the Redemption Charge does not apply.
Any further information in relation to the Terminations may be obtained from the legal entities mentioned under ‘Contact information’ below, the offices of foreign representatives or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, after reading this notice, you have further questions then please do not hesitate to contact the db X-trackers ETF hotline on +44 (20) 7547 1747 or +49 (69) 910 30549.
Shareholders should consult their own professional advisers as to the specific tax implications of the Terminations under the laws of the countries of their nationality, residence, domicile or incorporation.
If you have any queries or if any of the above is not clear you should seek advice from your stockbroker, bank manager, legal adviser, accountant or other independent financial advisor.
The Board of Directors
49, avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Deutsche Asset Management S.A.
2, boulevard Konrad Adenauer, L-1115 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg