I have conducted over 400 risk assessments for business associates and covered entities alike as well as worked directly with the Federal government in terms of auditing.
This seminar will go into great detail about what is going on in the HIPAA Security/ Privacy world. I will discuss why the government is all of a sudden going full bore in demanding compliance. You will learn risk factors to avoid, best practices you should be doing, and how to be proactive in your efforts.
In addition we are going to be discussing the methods in which patients can now sue under HIPAA and the steps they may be taking for civil remedy. On top of that what your practice or business needs to do so you can avoid the situation all together.
I will explain what is involved in a HIPAA audit, how it is done, why it is being done, risk factors, how to avoid an audit altogether, and what to expect if audited (from real life experience).
We will travel through time and see how the legislation has progressed, why it was benign somewhat in the past, and where we are now... All the way from the inception in 1996 to the current Omnibus Ruling.
I will show you how to conduct a risk assessment and create proper policies
Areas Covered in the Session:
- HIPAA now has teeth and funding - a background
- Be proactive NOT reactive - importance of this based on real life experiences
- What is involved in a HIPAA audit - from real life events
- Patients suing under HIPAA - new changes
- Risk factors to avoid being sued by patients
- What can you do to limit risks of an audit
- What to do if you receive a letter from the OCR
- Is your IT adequate - why this is so important and can cost your astronomically if not implemented properly
- Meaningful Use and HIPAA
- Business Associates and their responsibilities
- Business Associates and the need to provide proper assurance to any future and current clients of their compliance levels
- How to conduct a risk assessment and write policies
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gmrv8l/hipaa_privacy