HOLLYWOOD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With the new BAYWATCH movie headed into theaters, Paramount Pictures announced today a list of brand partners and licensees with promotional programs taking full advantage of the pop culture hit franchise.
“These partnering companies have truly tapped into the comedic tone and iconic beach lifestyle that is the new BAYWATCH movie,” said LeeAnne Stables, President, Worldwide Marketing Partnerships & Licensing at Paramount Pictures. “From the hilarious spots with the Sprint lifeguard on a jet ski saving customers money on their cell phone bills, to Samsung promoting the water resistant capabilities of the Galaxy S8 with floating phones, and Bloomindales offering a national promotion of their swimwear – it’s all building on the excitement for the film release this weekend.”
The list of participating brands include:
- UNDER ARMOUR - created the iconic custom swim suits and life guard gear seen in the film, and is offering inspired-by apparel and swimwear on UA.com and at select Under Armour Brand House stores.
- SPRINT - features custom BAYWATCH-themed “SprintWatch” digital spots helping customers save money with Sprint's Unlimited Plan.
- SAMSUNG - offering a special promotion of the waterproof Galaxy S8 this weekend at their Samsung 837 event location in NYC whereby consumers will reach into a pool of submerged phones to reveal their movie themed prize.
- BLOOMINGDALES – the National retailer has decked NYC 59th Street flagship store windows with a BAYWATCH themed interactive display, produced a swimwear fashion show hosted by the film’s star Ilfenesh Hadera, and offering BAYWATCH gift with purchase of swimwear at all their store locations.
- MASTERCRAFT - whose boats are featured prominently in the film, have in-dealership promotional campaign, movie ticket giveaway plus digital and print media.
- COAST SOAP - featuring special edition BAYWATCH packaging on their classic scent Coast 8-bar and body wash products sold at retail locations nationally and the “Coast $5,000 Always to the Rescue” sweepstakes offering a lucky consumer the chance to win a trip to Miami!
- CRUNCH GYM - offering a two month BAYWATCH Beach Body group class work-out program exclusively at select locations in NY, LA, Miami, and San Francisco, and will also host movie-themed in-club takeover nights complete with ticket giveaways, photo opportunities, and a sweepstakes!
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK - features a national sweepstakes alongside in-store signage and a digital campaign.
In addition to the brand partner campaigns, a new roster of BAYWATCH movie licensees has developed products themed to the film. These top-tier companies (by category) include:
Apparel & Accessories: Under Armour, TSI, ACDC, Sugar Clothing, Ron Robinson, Freeze, Tipsy Elves, Hybris, NTD Apparel, Santex Moden, Carneiro & SA, Bespoke Technologies, H&M, Primark
Footwear: BM Fashion UK
Beach Towels & Bags: Franco, Skybrands
Health, Beauty & Personal Care: Cinema Secrets, Nail Alliance, Million Dollar Tan, Co-brand
Costumes: Rasta Imposta & Smiffy’s
Die-cast: Greenlight Collectibles
Wall Decor, Posters & Standees: Pyramid, Trends, ACCO Brands, Advanced Graphics
Mobile: Big Fish Casino Social Slots
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.