SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN) Amazon today announced a deal to bring Steven Soderbergh’s newest film to Prime Video customers during its exclusive first-run US streaming window. Logan Lucky will hit theaters on August 18, 2017 and is expected to be released on Prime Video during the first quarter of 2018. Additionally, Amazon has signed an exclusive two-year first-look deal with Fingerprint Releasing on its theatrical film projects. Fingerprint is the new US film distributor formed by Soderbergh and piloted by Dan Fellman, former long-time President of Domestic Distribution for Warner Bros., with Amazon providing strategic P&A financing to augment the marketing of Fingerprint’s theatrical releases.
Says Soderbergh, the Oscar- and Emmy-winning director known for box office and critical successes such as Ocean’s Eleven, Erin Brockovich and Magic Mike, “The deal with Amazon is the final, crucial piece of the puzzle. The scale of this endeavor required a fearless, flexible co-conspirator, and Amazon has shown they have the appetite and vision to help us navigate these semi-unchartered waters. I’m both relieved and excited, which is one of my favorite states of being.”
“We’re thrilled to be working with the Fingerprint Releasing team,” said Jason Ropell, Amazon’s Vice President of World Wide Movies. “The combination of a pioneering director, a compelling script and an A-list cast made this an easy decision. We strive to work with partners who bring innovative ideas to our service; with Fingerprint Releasing, Steven is creating a new paradigm for indies which can seriously compete with major studios on director and star-driven projects, and we’re excited to support that vision.”
Other companies partnering with Fingerprint on the film’s US distribution include Bleecker Street and Universal Home Entertainment. Milan Records will be distributing the film’s soundtrack album. FilmNation Entertainment is handling the film’s international deals.
Logan Lucky was written by Rebecca Blunt, produced by Gregory Jacobs, Mark Johnson, Reid Carolin and Channing Tatum, and executive produced by Michael Polaire, Dan Fellman, and NASCAR’s Zane Stoddard. Trying to reverse the infamous Logan Family Curse, brothers Jimmy Logan (Channing Tatum) and Clyde Logan (Adam Driver), along with sister Mellie Logan (Riley Keough) hook up with accomplice Joe Bang (Daniel Craig) to execute an impossibly elaborate robbery during the Coca-Cola 600, the biggest NASCAR race of the year. In addition to Tatum, Craig, Driver, MacFarlane, Swank, Keough, Waterston, Holmes and Stan, Logan Lucky also stars Dwight Yoakam (Amazon Original Goliath), David Denman (13 Hours), Macon Blair (Gold), Jack Quaid (The Hunger Games) and Brian Gleeson (Snow White and the Huntsman) and features cameos from six NASCAR drivers.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike – the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.