NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Crius Energy, one of the largest independent energy retailers in the United States, today announced the winners of its “Charge to One Million Customers” sweepstakes. Launched in December 2016 as the company neared its one millionth residential customer equivalent (RCE) served*, Crius Energy’s first cross-brand promotion culminated on May 11, 2017 when audited financials confirmed that the company had in fact grown its customer count to 1,003,000.
As part of the sweepstakes, winners across the U.S. each received a $500 prize, the equivalent of approximately 4-months+ of free energy according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Below is a sampling of the winners:
- Candy Shaughnessy, Ridgefield, CT: Public Power customer since December 2016
- Jeremy Langford, Evanston, IL: Comcast Energy Rewards customer since December 2015
- Lisa Bush, Scarborough, ME: FairPoint Energy customer since September 2016
- Attila DeLisle, Scarborough, ME: FairPoint Energy customer since January 2017
- Anthony Decesaris, Ocean City, NJ: TriEagle Energy customer since January 2017
- Chet Devito, Howell, NJ: TriEagle Energy customer since August 2014
- Courtney Harris, Cincinnati, OH: Cincinnati Bell Energy customer since December 2016
- Natalie Kohls, Cincinnati, OH: Cincinnati Bell Energy customer since September 2016
- Robert Gdovic, Pittsburgh, PA: TriEagle Energy customer since March 2011
- Michael Winfield, Mechanicsburg, PA: TriEagle Energy customer since December 2016
- Gail Ayers, West Chester, PA: TriEagle Energy customer since May 2015
- Joanne Crowle, East Providence, RI: Viridian Energy customer since December 2016
- Azniffe Carcamo, Houston, TX: TriEagle Energy customer since December 2016
- Carol Champion, Dallas, TX: TriEagle Energy customer since January 2017
- Susan Romine, Round Rock, TX: TriEagle Energy customer since June 2014
- Robert Snyder, Houston, TX: TriEagle Energy customer since April 2011
"Crius Energy is pleased to provide thousands of dollars in free energy as one way to say ‘thanks a million’ to the loyal customers who helped our company reach this significant milestone,” said Michael Fallquist, Chief Executive Officer.
Since 2009, the Crius Energy family of brands has grown from a single brand offering electricity in Connecticut to today providing solar, natural gas, electricity and energy-efficient product solutions through the Cincinnati Bell Energy, Comcast Energy Rewards, Crius Solar, FairPoint Energy, Public Power, TriEagle Energy and Viridian Energy brands in 21 markets across the U.S. and Australia.
|*An RCE is a unit of measure used by the energy industry to denote the typical annual commodity consumption by a single-family residential customer. A single RCE represents 100 MMBtu of natural gas or 10 MWh of electricity.|
About Crius Energy
With over million residential customer equivalents, Crius Energy is a comprehensive energy solutions partner that provides electricity, natural gas and solar products to residential and commercial customers. Crius Energy connects with customers through an innovative family-of-brands including Crius Solar, TriEagle Energy, Public Power, Comcast Energy Rewards, FairPoint Energy, Cincinnati Bell Energy, and Viridian Energy. Crius' broad suite of energy products and services make it easier for consumers to make informed decisions about their energy needs. The company is currently active in 21 markets across the U.S. and Australia, with plans to continue expanding its geographic reach. Learn more at: http://www.criusenergy.com/Home/default.aspx