Unlike other areas in financial services, the insurance market has not been remarkably disrupted by innovative technologies and new business models until now. While the pace of innovation is rapid in financial services, insurance is still a complex and a highly regulated market.
However, it appears to be at a point of articulation, as stakeholders from the FinTech ecosystem have their vision set on InsurTech as the next greatest opportunity. This study aims to put in perspective the prevailing trends in InsurTech globally.
This study provides a detailed analysis of the challenges, technology trends within the insurance market, areas of interests for InsurTech start-ups, key technologies enabling innovation in insurance, geographic representation of global InsurTech companies, InsurTech ecosystem incumbent's response to InsurTech, venture capital funding for InsurTech start-ups, and the profiles of key InsurTech start-ups (based on the background of interest and funding), along with a workflow discussion. The study also provides a thorough analysis on peer-to-peer (P2P) insurance and the impacts of blockchain on the same.
Key questions this study will answer include:
- What is Insurtech?
- How is the ecosystem/value chain?
- How do different stakeholders work together?
- What are the factors driving the market?
- What are the challenges restraining growth?
- Which are the top InsurTech companies?
- What are their offerings for insurance companies?
- How do new technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Internet of Things (IoT), fit into these offerings?
- How do advanced technologies impact financial services?
- What is the impact on services, such as underwriting, claims, and agents?
- What is P2P insurance? What impact would blockchain and AI have on it?
- What are the segments in insurance that InsurTech start-ups are aiming at?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope
3. Insurance Market Overview
4. Introduction to InsurTech
5. InsurTech Ecosystem
6. InsurTech Trends
7. P2P Insurance
8. Drivers and Restraints
9. Key Global InsurTech Companies
10. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
11. The Last Word
- Policy Bazaar
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7p3ggx/global_insurtech