DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "South African Electricity Market - 2016 Snapshot" report to their offering.
The electricity sector in South Africa has witnessed dynamic changes over the past few years. Sharp increases in electricity tariffs have been a prominent feature of the electricity supply industry in South Africa. Declining global commodity prices and increasing electricity prices have had a detrimental impact on the mining and manufacturing industry, which have experienced sluggish growth. The economy of South Africa is witnessing a gradual change with increased contribution from the services sector.
As such, the demand for electricity has reduced. Decreasing costs of renewable energy technologies, regulatory reforms, market restructuring, coupled with the risks and delays associated with base-load coal and nuclear power will largely determine the future of the electricity sector in South Africa.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- What are the key macro-economic indicators and economic outlook for South Africa?
- What is the structure of the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) in South Africa and its key stakeholders?
- What is the current status of power generation and proposed future generation mix for the country?
- How has the electricity and peak demand developed in the past and what is the expected future growth?
- What is the status of electricity transmission and distribution in South Africa?
- What factors (drivers and restraints) could prove decisive in the development of the electricity sector in future?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. South Africa-Introduction
4. Regulatory Framework and Organisations
5. Electricity Generation
6. Electricity Transmission
7. Electricity Distribution and Supply
8. Peak Demand and Energy Projections
9. Electricity Tariffs
10. Drivers and Restraints
11. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
12. The Last Word
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j8kn7d/south_african