Online retail in the Philippines is in infantile stages due to about 1% of all retail sales stemming from E-Commerce. However, the Philippines is actually forecasted to soon rank second in terms of market growth amongst the leading six online retail markets in Southeast Asia due to a raise in Internet and smartphone penetration. It is also expected to overtake Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia to rank as third in the area by 2025 regarding B2C E-Commerce market size.
E-Commerce in the Philippines is, however, experiencing growth obstacles such as an underdeveloped logistics infrastructure and their complex island geography. Customers also lack trust in online credit card payments, leaving cash on delivery as the preferred payment method. Third party survey results cited in the report conveyed that almost three-quarters of digital buyers from this country still paid with cash when receiving goods.
Information from the report reveals how Lazada, the major player in this region who is controlled by Alibaba, accounted for almost one-fifth of the E-Commerce market in the Philippines in 2016. Though they don't have local E-Commerce presence, US-based Amazon has still made their mark with over half of digital buyers beginning a product search through them.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the B2C E-Commerce market size in the Philippines in 2016?
- How fast is online retail in the Philippines projected to grow through 2025?
- What are the main trends influencing the B2C E-Commerce development in this country?
- Which product categories are purchased online in the Philippines the most?
- Who are the B2C E-Commerce market leaders in the Philippines?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Internet Users & Online Shoppers
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Ayala Corporation
- Lazada Group SA
- OLX Inc.
- Zalora Group
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/38zcvz/philippines_b2c