The global liquid silicone rubber market is expected to reach USD 3.29 billion by 2025. Increasing applications in end-use segment, particularly in medical and electronics industry has propelled the demand for the overall market. In addition, rising geriatric population and new material developments continue to fuel the demand of overall market.
Unique properties of liquid silicone rubber such as chemical inertness, heat resistance, flexibility, low viscosity has made it an ideal material to be incorporated into medical implants and devices. Moreover, the market is undergoing through extensive research and development process to innovate the material technology, which creates huge growth opportunities in upcoming years for the market.
Industrial grade was the largest segment in grade category in 2015 and held 53.5% of the overall market revenue. Automotive sector includes major applications of liquid silicone rubber in manufacturing of LED headlights, wiper blades and several other electronic components.
Medical application was the fastest growing segment over the forecast period with an estimated CAGR of around 9% from 2016 to 2025. The material is biocompatible thus has major applications in medical implants & devices, equipment parts such as sterilized parts, valves, skin contact devices, infusion pumps and others.
- Dow Corning
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- KCC Corporation
- Simtec Silicone Parts, LLC
- Bluestar Silicones
- Stockwell Elastomerics Inc.
- Zhejiang Xinan Chemical Industrial Group Co., Ltd
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Nusil Technology LLC
Key Topics Covered:
1. Methodology and Scope
2. Executive Summary
3. Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Variables, Trends & Scope
4. Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Grade Estimates & Trend Analysis
5. Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
6. Liquid silicone rubber market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8cckbs/liquid_silicone