DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Biometrics Market Forecasts - Global Unit Shipments and Revenue by Biometric Modality, Technology, Use Case, Industry Segment, and World Region: 2016-2025" report to their offering.
The biometrics market will post a 10-year (2016-2025) cumulative revenue of $69.8 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.9%.
The Asia Pacific region will be the largest market, due to a combination of massive population, several strong or strongly growing economies, and a growing demand for biometric solutions to manage large initiatives, such as national ID programs. Total global revenue in the final year of the forecast period, 2025, will reach $15.1 billion.
The biometrics market has reached a tipping point. Driven largely by the confluence of organizations' desires to better authenticate or identify users and users' distaste for knowledge-based systems (password and challenge questions), biometrics is quickly working its way into consumer, industrial, and government systems.
The market is driven by use cases, though there traditionally has been a demarcation between consumer and enterprise uses cases, with consumer-facing use cases encompassing authentication, and identification uses falling into the enterprise or government segments. This dynamic is starting to change, however, as seen in financial institutions' use of biometrics to allow consumer and corporate users to authenticate to online banking systems with their voices or with their eyes, in place of keying a personal identification number (PIN).
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the current state of the biometrics market and how will it develop over the next decade?
- What are the key use cases in each industry group, for various biometric modalities?
- In which geographic regions will the use of biometric technology be adopted most quickly?
- What is the revenue potential for each biometric modality in each region of the world?
- What is the overall size of the biometrics market opportunity?
Who Needs This Report?
- Biometrics device manufacturers
- Mobile device manufacturers
- Semiconductor and component vendors
- Biometrics technology companies
- Software developers and integrators
- Security platform vendors
- Enterprise users of biometrics
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
1.1. Biometrics Tipping Point
1.2. Overall Market Forecast
2.1. Use Cases
3. Market Data Highlights
3.1. Forecast Methodology
3.2. Nearly All Markets Are Viable
3.3. Largest Markets by Use Case
3.4. Largest Markets by Modality
3.4.1. Top Iris Recognition Use Cases
3.5. Largest Markets by Industry
4. Acronym and Abbreviation List
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rpld72/biometrics_market