BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Consumers are the driving force behind the explosion of online video. The proliferation of mobile devices and inexpensive bandwidth are making video available anywhere, anytime. Businesses are recognizing that video is the best way to create compelling digital experiences that build brands and convert prospects into loyal, long-term customers. Today, at its annual PLAY customer conference, Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOV) is unveiling a broad set of innovative technologies designed to help media organizations, marketers and businesses deliver these types of extraordinary video experiences faster, more effectively, and at lower cost.
Highlighting these innovations are:
- Brightcove Live: High performance, scalable live streaming service that includes server-side ad insertion (SSAI), cloud DVR, content encryption, on-the-fly clipping and VOD asset creation to deliver seamless monetization and clipping for live events and 24/7 channels.
- Brightcove SSAI: Server-Side Ad Insertion technology that improves monetization, minimizes the impact of ad blockers, and delivers a TV-like experience across every screen.
- Context Aware Encoding: New patent-pending video compression technology incorporates machine learning to deliver higher quality viewer experiences and reduce storage and bandwidth costs by up to 50%.
- Dynamic Delivery: Brightcove’s next-generation media delivery platform offers enhanced video reach, flexibility and performance with less storage. By dynamically packaging content for delivery on demand, the platform future-proofs content against the on-going changes in digital rights management (DRM) and streaming formats.
- In-Page Experiences: A template-driven capability designed to help any business user create immersive, dynamic video experiences that go far beyond just putting a video player on a web page. Now any group within an organization – such as marketing, sales, support, HR, corporate communications– can quickly and easily create powerful video experiences that move their part of the business forward without the need for IT or coding resources.
“We are in the midst of the most innovative period the company has ever seen,” said David Mendels, CEO, Brightcove. “Today, virtually every business can realize incredible, bottom-line value from the use of video. Brightcove is enabling this by replacing a huge amount of complexity with radically cleaner, more dynamic, and innovative software that directly addresses our customers’ key business challenges.”
Brightcove on social media:
Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOV) is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices. The company offers a full suite of products and services that reduce the cost and complexity associated with publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing video across devices. Brightcove has thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. To learn more, visit www.brightcove.com.
This press release may include forward-looking statements regarding anticipated objectives, growth and/or expected product and service developments or enhancements. Such forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of the following words (among others): "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "plan," "should" or "anticipates," or comparable words and their negatives. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees but are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations contained in these statements. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent annual report on Form 10-K. Brightcove assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this press release in the event of changing circumstances or otherwise, and such statements are current only as of the date they are made.