DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Custody Transfer, Allocation Metering and Analysis" conference to their offering.
Custody Transfer, also known as Fiscal Metering, occurs when fluids and gases are exchanged between parties. Payment is usually made as a function of the amount of fluid or gas transferred, so accuracy is important since a small mistake in measurement can add up, leading to financial exposure in custody transfer transactions.
In recent years this importance has grown, not only because of its widespread use for accounting purposes due to escalation in material values but also because of its application in several other aspects of upstream and pipeline operation such as sampling, analysis and loss/gain balance. All of these applications constitute key elements for the operator who wants to maximize pipeline efficiency and requires a very strict correlation with accurate and reliable flow measurement.
Errors in measurement for custody transfer are very expensive, which is why this is regulated in most countries and involving government taxation and contractual agreements between parties.
This programme will introduce to the participants all essential knowledge and best practice on the various kinds of flow metering systems, the flow measurement principles, measurement methods for a well-rounded short education throughout the 5-day event.
The course will be led by world class Professional Trainer and Consultant, Dirk Horst, who has more than 36 years' of Professional Experience in Instrumentation & Process Analyzer Systems and CT Metering.
Customised to Meet Your Learning Needs
Dirk Horst would like to customize the class based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent to you prior to the workshop to complete. Dirk will analyze in advance and address the issues during the course.
This course will be a highly interactive and participative workshop where participants will be encouraged to discuss their own practice and compare it to others and recognised best practice. Real projects and case studies will form an important part of the workshop and participants will be encouraged to discuss and reflect on their own organisations practices and ways to improve them.
Upon Completion of this Course, You Will:
- Understand key issues and differences related to Custody and Fiscal metering while able to identify the required metering devices
- Grasp Nomination, Scheduling, Validation, Sampling and Analysis
- Gain insight into different types of contracts
- Learn different types of liquid and gas metering systems
- Master parameters to be measured for Based Flow Measurements
- Comprehend Fluid and Flow Dynamics
- Identify different types of Flow meters and its advantages and disadvantages
- Design the basics of a Gas metering station
- Recognise applied accuracy terminology and apply it accordingly
- Become familiar with international Flow measurement standards and their incorporation into major petroleum companies
- Establish the factors involved with Standardised Gas Flow metering
- Familiarize of the dynamics measuring systems for liquids other than water according to applied standard
- Identify and recognize different types of gas and liquid meter provers, their applications and operations
- Consider multiphase Flow and water cut measurements
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wzzhrc/custody_transfer