CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The National Association of Women Lawyers® (“NAWL”) is pleased to announce those who will be honored at the association’s 2017 Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon on July 20, 2017 at the Grand Hyatt New York in New York City. These awardees are leaders of their industry who have dedicated themselves to strengthening the legal profession by working toward parity for women and minority lawyers.
The 2017 awards are:
- Arabella Babb Mansfield Award given in recognition of a lawyer’s professional achievement, positive influence, and valuable contribution to women in law and in society – to Hon. Amy Klobuchar, U.S. Senator from Minnesota;
- President’s Award for championing policies, programs, and procedures to retain, promote, and advance women attorneys – to HP Inc., for the company’s public position on the importance of actively promoting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and its creation of a pipeline of future women leaders. Cynthia Bright, Vice President, Associate General Counsel, U.S. Litigation and Government Investigations, will accept the award on HP’s behalf;
- M. Ashley Dickerson Award given in recognition of a lawyer who promotes diversity – to Hon. Wilhelmina M. Wright, Judge for the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota;
- Lead By Example Award for a leading male attorney in a law firm, company, government unit, or public interest entity who supports the advancement of women within his organization – to Mark Roellig, Chief Technology and Administrative Officer, MassMutual; and
- Virginia S. Mueller Outstanding Member Awards recognizing leading NAWL members for their exemplary work and contributions to NAWL – to Margaret Drew, Director of Clinics & Experiential Learning, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth; Mimi B. MacDonald, Executive Director – Senior Legal Counsel – Wholesale Litigation, AT&T Ramona Romero, General Counsel, Princeton University; and Eva M. Spahn, Associate, Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
For more information about NAWL’s 2017 Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon, please visit www.nawl.org/2017AnnualMeeting or call 312.988.6186.
The mission of the National Association of Women Lawyers is to provide leadership, a collective voice, and essential resources to advance women in the legal profession and advocate for the equality of women under the law. Since 1899, NAWL has been empowering women in the legal profession, cultivating a diverse membership dedicated to equality, mutual support, and collective success. If you are not already a member, please considering joining. NAWL welcomes the membership of individual attorneys, including private practice, corporate, academic, government and non-profit attorneys, and groups, including law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations. Learn more at www.nawl.org.