The introduction of automation and robotics into the drug discovery process has greatly enhanced the ability to explore and identify new drug candidates. Numerous chemical compounds can be manufactured and analyzed in a matter of a couple of weeks. Robotics can run tests on thousands of these compounds on biological samples for potential therapeutic activity. Artificial intelligence could redefine the manner in which drugs are discovered, leading to a whole new era of fast to market drugs. This would make the standard 15 year drug development value chain to become less than 5 years if the automation strategies and the robotics compliances are running in optimal and safe standards.
The Drug Discovery TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) reports and analyzes about the latest developments in drug discovery and therapeutics, thereby providing an opportunity to acquire strategic insights into crucial developments in this industry domain. Technologies profiled include those used for biomarker and target discovery such as high throughput screening, signal transduction, micro array, RNAi, metabolomics, toxicogenomics, biosensors and nanotechnology. In addition to these, a fair focus shall be dedicated to the latest trends in therapeutic approaches across a diversity of diseases including infectious, genetic, metabolic, neurological, cardiac, and autoimmune disorders.
The Health and Wellness cluster tracks developments in a myriad of areas including genetic engineering, regenerative medicine, drug discovery and development, nanomedicine, nutrition, cosmetic procedures, pain and disease management and therapies, drug delivery, personalized medicine, and smart healthcare.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Fully Automated Ultra High Throughput Systems Investigating Potential Therapeutics
- NiCoLA-B: The World's Most Advanced Drug Discovery Robot
- Searching for New Drugs to Fight Cancer and Related Diseases
- Combining Advanced Robotics with High-Resolution Microscopy
- Drug Discovery Platform using Artificial Intelligence for Detecting Anti-Malarials
- Fully Automated Robotic System to Investigate Pharmacological Action of Compounds
- Modern Robots for Pharmaceutical and Laboratory Research
- Phenotypic Screening Platform for Drug Discovery
2. Robotics in Drug Discovery - Technology Focus and Trends
- Technology Focus and Trends
- Three Start-Ups to Note
3. Robotics in Drug Discovery - Industry Interactions
- Industry Interactions
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3lbkwk/robotics_in_drug