SAN DIEGO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Numerous studies indicate that many restaurants still use error-prone, paper-based processes and spreadsheets to manage employee schedules. OpenSimSim is offering a free solution to simplify and modernize this process. The company will debut its cloud-based scheduling solution at this year’s National Restaurant Association (NRA) Show.
Managers and staff both benefit from OpenSimSim’s scheduling solution. The tool offers managers:
- Real-time schedule publishing to employees’ mobile devices, ensuring everyone is always in the loop
- Mobility to manage and monitor schedules anywhere/anytime
- Templates for fast and easy weekly schedule creation
- Comprehensive views of staff availability, hours worked and budget, which safeguards against scheduling conflicts and accidental overtime issues
- Message board and chat functionality to improve communication and collaboration with staff
- Update availability and submit time-off requests
- Pick-up extra shifts by applying for shift opportunities
- Send co-workers shift swap invitations
- Receive schedules and notifications in real-time on their mobile devices
- Collaborate with managers and other co-workers through the in-app chat
- See who else is working on a specific day or view the entire weekly schedule from a mobile device
OpenSimSim began beta-testing the scheduler in Southern California and has since established a loyal customer base.
“The transition to OpenSimSim was smooth and easy and the customer service has been out of this world,” said Patrick Cusik, general manager at Urge American Gastropub, located in Rancho Bernardo. “We highly recommend OpenSimSim to anyone looking to simplify their scheduling needs.”
Eric Fillion, owner of San Diego’s Pardon My French Bar & Kitchen, echoed Cusik.
“After wasting time and money trying several scheduling platforms, we knew we found a good thing with OpenSimSim,” said Fillion. “Learning how to use the tool was incredibly easy for our entire team. We can create our weekly schedule in five minutes and update our staff in real-time via the solution’s message board.”
Beyond debuting its technology at the NRA Show, OpenSimSim is currently developing additional capabilities, like its time and attendance module. The optional module will record employee clock-in and clock-outs to calculate actual hours worked ensuring compliance with workforce regulations, minimizing administrative cost by exporting to payroll while eliminating employee time theft.
For more information on OpenSimSim, visit booth 8632 at the NRA Show and see a quick demonstration. Not attending NRA? Watch this video about the solution (https://youtu.be/B4izWwxL3vk), or visit https://opensimsim.com/ and register for free.
OpenSimSim is a completely free employee scheduling solution for restaurants, hospitality, retail, or any other business looking to schedule and communicate with their hourly employees. Save time and money with our simple yet powerful interface, and keep everyone in the loop with our free apps for iPhone and Android. With over 100,000 hours scheduled every week, find out why the best things in life are free.
For additional information, visit https://opensimsim.com/.