FAIRFIELD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Foundation Source, the nation’s largest provider of comprehensive support services for private foundations, announced today the completion of a year-long renovation of its award-winning online platform for 1,300 private foundations. The core functionality of Foundation Source Online® (FSOL), the company’s web-based philanthropic platform, has been updated to incorporate state-of-the art features and functionality to help individuals, families, and professionally staffed foundations manage their day-to-day operations.
Created from the ground up for the unique needs of private foundations, FSOL makes it simple to transact foundation business, keep tabs on philanthropic activity, and engage far-flung family members, advisors, and staff. There is nothing comparable to FSOL in the private foundation sector, and now, these new, sophisticated capabilities make it even better:
- Optimized user experience for desktop, laptop, and tablet enables users to manage their foundations from any internet-connected device, which is particularly important for busy philanthropists who do not spend their days at a desk or in an office; and
- The ability for clients to enter data about the philanthropy they’ve conducted outside Foundation Source systems, so they can track it alongside their Foundation Source grantmaking and see the full scope of all their charitable activity.
“Our online platform is a centerpiece to our services—an indispensable online capability for many foundations,” says Foundation Source CEO Susan Friedlander Calzone. “We want to ensure that we provide our clients with the best service possible, and these recent enhancements signify our commitment to refine the depth, breadth, and convenience of their online experience.”
Other updates to FSOL include:
- A “Google-like” search feature to more easily locate IRS-approved charities in our database, which includes a customizable, best-match algorithm to return the most relevant results.
Cleaner and more intuitive user interface, featuring:
- Improved grantmaking workflow;
- Customizable “tagging” of grants and payments for ease of follow-up and sorting;
- Easier location of grant information through the use of advanced filtering; and
- Drag-and-drop attachment capability, easing record keeping and record sharing among foundation participants.
FSOL was awarded the 2017 Best Reporting Solution–Overall by Private Asset Management. To see for yourself how easy and enjoyable it is to manage a foundation from any internet-connected device, take this five-minute video guided tour.
“FSOL is a one-of-a-kind product, and it would be prohibitively expensive to duplicate it,” Calzone says. “In fact, financial services companies partner with us so their clients can access the platform. We’re delighted to have made such a significant feature of our services even better.”
About Foundation Source (www.foundationsource.com)
Foundation Source is the nation’s largest provider of comprehensive support services for private foundations. The company’s administrative services, online foundation management tools, compliance, and philanthropic advisory services provide a complete outsourced solution, including the creation of new foundations. Our clients supply the vision; we provide everything else.
Now in our second decade, Foundation Source provides its services to more than 1,300 family, corporate, and professionally staffed foundations, of all sizes, nationwide. We work in partnership with wealth management firms, law firms, accounting firms, and family offices as well as directly with individuals and families. Foundation Source is headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut.