PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Total (Paris:FP) (LSE:TTA) (NYSE:TOT) and Mauritania have signed an exploration and production contract to perform exploration works on Block C7, which covers an area of 7,300 square kilometers. The Group will be the operator with a 90% interest alongside the Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier (SMHPM) holding the remaining 10%.
“This agreement is part of Total’s strategy to explore new deepwater basins in Africa. The addition of the C7 block to our existing C9 deepwater license creates a contiguous exploration area of around 17,000 square kilometers in a high-potential zone in offshore Mauritania,” said Guy Maurice, Senior Vice President, Africa at Total Exploration & Production, following his meeting with Mohamed Abdel Vetah, Minister of Petroleum, Energy and Mines of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania.
Total in Mauritania
Total has been present in Mauritania for nearly 20 years. The Group is the only oil and gas major active in the marketing of petroleum products in the country, with a retail network of 38 service stations. The Group holds a 90% interest in the C9 exploration license (10,150 square kilometers), located in the deep offshore. Total also operates the onshore Ta29 exploration license (12,500 square kilometers) in the Taoudenni Basin.
* * * *
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and a major player in solar energy with SunPower and Total Solar. Our 98,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. total.com
This press release, from which no legal consequences may be drawn, is
for information purposes only. The entities in which TOTAL S.A. directly
or indirectly owns investments are separate legal entities. TOTAL S.A.
has no liability for their acts or omissions. In this document, the
terms “Total” and “Total Group” are sometimes used for convenience where
general references are made to TOTAL S.A. and/or its subsidiaries.
Likewise, the words “we”, “us” and “our” may also be used to refer to
subsidiaries in general or to those who work for them.
This document may contain forward-looking information and statements that are based on a number of economic data and assumptions made in a given economic, competitive and regulatory environment. They may prove to be inaccurate in the future and are subject to a number of risk factors. Neither TOTAL S.A. nor any of its subsidiaries assumes any obligation to update publicly any forward-looking information or statement, objectives or trends contained in this document whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Capital : 6 207 262 032,50 €
542 051 180 R.C.S. Nanterre