China's blood product market size mushroomed in 2016 under the impetus of liberalization of limited-price policy, price rises in varying degrees and lot release volume growth for blood products in 2015, estimated to reach RMB23.8 billion throughout the year, up 16.7% from 2015.
China's blood product industry will develop at full speed boosted by downstream demand, accompanied by a steady rise in the number of plasma stations and consolidated profit margin improvement of plasma. The market size is expected to hit RMB47.5 billion in 2021.
China's plasma collection volume has been increasing over recent years driven by blood product price deregulation and accelerated establishment of new plasma stations. In 2016, 6,964 tons of plasma was collected in China, up 19.8% year on year. Despite continuous growth, plasma collection volume still cannot meet the ever-increasing market demand. In the future, China will see plasma collection volume shooting up propelled by a growing number of plasma collection stations and is expected to achieve balance between plasma supply and demand in 2025.
So far, Chinese blood products are still dominated by human albumin and human immunoglobulin for intravenous injection, which take an over 70% blood product market share. In 2016, human albumin and human immunoglobulin (pH4) for intravenous injection registered respective lot release volumes of 39.31 million bottles (10g/bottle) and 10.89 million bottles (2.5g/bottle), up 17.8% and 27.4% respectively year on year.
In addition, lot release volumes of domestic blood products in short supply such as blood coagulation factor VIII, human immunoglobulin and human prothrombin complex also witnessed substantial growth in 2016, respectively 38.0%, 143.8% and 20%.
At present, Chinese blood product enterprises can separate a maximum of 11 varieties of blood products from the plasma, 3-4 varieties for general firms, indicating an extremely low rate of comprehensive utilization of plasmas. To solve the problem, Chinese blood product enterprises are accelerating the development of new products, hoping to improve comprehensive utilization of plasma.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Overview of Truck Industry
2 Truck Market as a Whole
3 Truck Market Segments
4 Truck Industry Chain
5 Key Companies
6 Summary and Forecast
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd. (TIANTANBIO)
- China Biologic Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBPO)
- Green Cross China
- Guizhou Taibang Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Hualan Biological Engineering,Inc.
- Humanwell Healthcare Group Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Boya Bio-Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Taibang Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Kangbao Biological Product Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Weiguang Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Yuanda Shuyang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Walvax Biotechnology Co, Ltd.
- Xi'an Huitian Blood Products Co., Ltd.
- Zhenxing Biopharmaceutical & Chemical Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mnbjsm/china_blood