DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA) Market Analysis By Product (Extruded Sheets, Pellets, And Acrylic Beads), By End-Use (Automotive, Construction, Electronics, Signs & Displays), Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) market is anticipated to reach USD 8.16 billion by 2025
The growing demand for LED flat screens in Asia Pacific is projected to propel market demand over the coming years.
The PMMA industry has shifted its focus toward developing bio-based alternatives to combat volatile raw material prices. Eco-friendly PMMA is now being developed with the introduction of bio-based raw materials such as MMA from renewable organic feedstock. This in turn is anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities for new entrants.
Extruded sheets are expected to remain the dominant product segment with nearly 50% of the volume share in 2015. Extruded sheets have a better tolerance on thickness, typically +/-10%, as compared to cast acrylic sheets. The product is also expected to witness growth on account of its high transparency that makes it ideal for signs & displays in the advertising sector.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The growing demand for sophisticated infrastructure along with presence of major automotive OEMs is anticipated to boost the demand for acrylic beads
- The signs & displays segment is projected to grow at the CAGR of 7.8% owing to increasing demand for commercial billboards, display cabinets and leaflet dispensers
- North America and Europe are characterized by presence of leading resin manufacturers and technological capabilities of further processing these resins for end-uses
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 7.0% on account of increasing investments in renewable energy infrastructure and commercial projects undertaken in China, India, and Japan
- The polymethyl methacrylate market exhibits significant untapped potential in medical applications and ample scope in the sanitary ware industry for shower & bath installations
- New market entrants are actively engaged in the development of novel production technologies to improve process efficiency and reduce operational costs
Influential companies include
- Evonik Industries AG
- Mitsubishi Rayon Group
- Arkema SA
- Kuraray Group
- Sumitomo Chemical Company
- Chi Mei Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Shanghai Jing Qi Polymer Science Co. (SJPS)
- LG MMA Corporation
- Daesan MMA
- Makevale Group
- Polycasa N.V.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fgrfxm/polymethyl