STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On May 17, the 15th Annual International Women’s Forum (IWF) World Cornerstone Conference in Stockholm will bring together more than 700 global women leaders from 40 nations to discuss the world’s most pressing challenges. This year’s theme, “A More Sustainable World: Movements & Markets,” explores the broader definitions of sustainability: environmental, social, and political as well as the implications of populism and nationalism, migration and cybersecurity.
The conference is a unique assembling of global thought leaders and influencers brought together to share knowledge and discuss these problems—as well as their solutions—from the perspective of global women.
“This year’s cutting-edge Cornerstone Conference is remarkable in its relevance and depth of engagement on difficult and timely topics,” said IWF President & Merrill Lynch Managing Director, Teresa Weintraub.
“By convening this dynamic group of women leaders, we can harness the collective power of their unique experiences and points of view to educate, inform, inspire and to serve as a catalyst for new ideas to move toward a more sustainable world, especially while in Stockholm—a city that has been on the forefront of progress on so many of these issues.”
Select speakers include:
- Connie Collingsworth, Chief Business Operations Officer, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Jan Eliasson, former Deputy Secretary-General of the United National and former Minister for Foreign Affairs, Sweden
- Obiageli Ezekwesili, PhD, Co-Convener of the #BringBackOurGirls Movement and former World Bank Vice President
- Musimbi Kanyoro, PhD, President and CEO, The Global Fund for Women
- Cheong Koon Hean, DArch, CEO of the Housing and Development Board of Singapore
- Tjada McKenna, COO, Habitat for Humanity International
- Baroness Pauline Neville-Jones, Senior Advisor at Ridge-Schmidt Cyber and former Minister of State for Security and Counter Terrorism, UK
- Anna Ryott, Managing Director and CEO, Swedfund
- Karolina Skog, Minister for the Environment, Sweden
- Ghada Waly, Minister for Social Solidarity, Egypt
- Karin Wanngård, Mayor of Stockholm
“IWF Sweden is proud to welcome members and leaders from around the world with a program designed to reflect the legacy, spirit, and bright future of our city,” said Marie Reinius, President of IWF Sweden and CEO of Reinius Consulting.
World Cornerstone Conferences are held each year in regions and markets critical to the future. The conferences are a platform for thought leaders to engage on wide-ranging topics impacting international progress, as well as powerful opportunities for influential, global leaders to not only convene and learn but to inspire meaningful change.
About the International Women’s Forum
IWF is an invitation-only, membership organization comprised of more than 6,500 accomplished and visionary women across 40 nations and six continents. IWF members are women of diverse achievement dedicated to building better leadership across careers, continents, and cultures. Visit www.iwforum.org and follow @IWFGlobal on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook for more information.