DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Molecular Weight Marker Market Analysis By Product (DNA, Protein, RNA Markers), By Application (PCR, Sequencing, Northern Blotting, Southern Blotting, Molecular Cloning, Western Blotting, Gel Extraction), By Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global molecular weight marker market is expected to reach a value of USD 1.1 billion by 2025
Increasing investment in R&D by companies including biotechnology and biologics is the major factor that drives the growth during the forecast period. These markers are used by researchers and companies for various applications such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR), northern blotting, southern blotting, and molecular cloning. Thus, the increasing application of these products in R&D is expected to boost growth.
Increasing focus on molecular biology research is another major factor supporting the growth of the molecular weight marker market. Molecular biology research is important to understand interactions between the different systems of a cell, including DNA, RNA, and protein biosynthesis & regulation. Thus, these research activities are very high in developed countries and are growing at a high pace in developing countries including China and India. Hence, there is a growing demand for molecular weight marker for research activities, which is expected to fuel the growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- DNA markers was the largest revenue-generating segment of the molecular weight marker market in 2016 and is also expected to showcase the fastest growth during forecast period
- In the application segment, nucleic acid accounted for the largest share in 2016, owing to the large application of DNA markers in PCR, sequencing, northern blotting, southern blotting, and molecular cloning
- The academic and research institutes dominated the molecular weight marker market in terms of revenue in 2016, due to the large focus on molecular biology and other related research activities
- The North America molecular weight market is the leading regional sector and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2016, mainly due to the existence of large number of research laboratories and biotechnology companies in this region
- The Asia Pacific market is projected to grow at a highest growth rate during the forecast period. The developing healthcare infrastructure and escalating interest on molecular research in the Asian countries such as India and China is a major factor contributing to the growth in this region
Some of the major players include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Merck KGaA
- Agilent Technologies
- TAKARA BIO, INC.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Promega Corp.
- New England Biolabs
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7xx864/molecular_weight