PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--24 Hour Fitness is joining one of Oregon’s fastest-growing communities in the Portland area. Located at 181st and Halsey, this new Gresham club brings a gym alternative to this active outdoor community.
A grand opening event is scheduled for Saturday, May 13, 2017, 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., 24 Hour Fitness Gresham club, 1541 NE 181st Avenue Portland. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
The Portland area offers no shortage of outdoor parks, trails and activity options. Indoor fitness also has an important place among these options as a location to build endurance and overall fitness to enjoy the active outdoor Oregon lifestyle. The addition of this new location demonstrates a continued commitment and investment in the growth of 24 Hour Fitness in the Portland area.
“As an influx of fitness alternatives begin to spread in this growing community, 24 Hour Fitness is proud to open our 13th club in the state, 16th if we include nearby Vancouver, WA clubs. We are thrilled to continue offering an affordable, high-quality fitness option for our residents,” said James Wallace, General Manager. “Our goal is to offer members a variety of fitness options to help them stay focused and motivated, as well as build a strong community of like-minded individuals among our members and fitness professionals.”
The new, 38,000 square foot club features a modern design and open-floor plan. Amenities include:
- Cardio, strength and functional training equipment
- Large studio space for a full schedule of Cycle and GX24® studio classes, including new formats such as POP Pilates, Treat While You Train™ and bootybarre®
- Virtual classes: Members can take Cycle and GX24® studio classes on their own convenient schedule, when the studios aren’t in use. It’s as easy as making a selection of virtual class format options, pressing a button, and GO!
- Turf Zone: One of the newest additions to the club designed both for athletes and non-athletes alike. The area includes specialized fitness equipment that take your workouts to the next level
- TRX Suspension Training: Normally only found at specialty fitness centers, incorporates the use of a system of straps that allows members to work against their own body weight to develop balance, flexibility and core stability
- Multi-Functional Training Rig: Used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts, these multi-station rigs are meant for both high-energy Functional Training and Olympic Lifting
- Indoor lap pool, spa and sauna
- Personal and Group training services*
- Kids’ Club*
*Additional fees apply
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly 4 million members in over 400 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, popular GX24® studio classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.