BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dom Gentile, 51, a Birmingham business owner who has never held political office, today announced his intent to run for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions. He will kick off his campaign by traveling the state and talking to business owners, first responders, veterans, active military and citizens who believe that it is time to rid our state of its nefarious politicians and vote in a fresh and untainted non-politician who will lead the charge towards building tomorrow’s Alabama, the right way.
Gentile’s platform is as follows:
- Supports term limits and will only serve 1-full term in office if elected.
- Believes the tax system is too complicated and supports a flat tax and a dramatic reduction in the size and power of the IRS.
- Reduce health care costs for every citizen by ending the monopolistic behavior of Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Remove the red tape created by Washington bureaucrats that costs our businesses money and stunts the growth of our economy.
- Gentile will not accept any campaign contributions from special interests. He will not be bought.
His campaign will kick-off with visits across the state:
- May 15 – Auburn and Montgomery
- May 16 – Birmingham
- May 17 – Tuscaloosa
- May 18 – Huntsville
- May 19 – Birmingham
- May 20 – Beach Area and Mobile
Gentile’s campaign story, travel schedule and conversations with constituents will be documented on his website and social media. He will also be posting a regular series called “Seeds of Doubt” that will make the citizens aware of the double-dealing and shady behavior of our politicians and Montgomery insiders who want to be your next U.S. Senator. You can follow the journey to victory on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @DomForSenate and on the web at www.gentileforsenate.com.
Media interested in interviews can contact Helen Todd at 205.907.3374 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid for by Gentile for Alabama.