PISCATAWAY, N.J--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, today announced its plans to host its second IEEE Cybersecurity Development Conference (IEEE SecDev), where papers and tutorial submissions will be presented sharing ideas, research, and experience about how to develop secure systems.
IEEE SecDev 2017, sponsored by the IEEE Cybersecurity Initiative and the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Security and Privacy, on 24-26 September at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Mass., will bring together both academia and industry to encourage and disseminate ideas for secure system development. IEEE hosted more than 160 participants at the first SecDev conference last year to focus on how developers can “build security in” from the start – and not simply discover the absence of security later.
Authors are invited to submit papers by 30 May and tutorials by 2 June that present a new direction or future vision of how to build security in for new and existing systems. Suggested topics include:
• Security engineering processes, from requirements to maintenance
• Security-focused system designs (hardware/software/architecture)
• Distributed systems design and implementation for security
• Human-centered design for systems security
• Programming languages, development tools, and ecosystems supporting security
• Risk management and testing strategies to improve security
• Static program analysis for software security
• Dynamic analysis and runtime approaches for software security
• Explorations of formal verification and other high-assurance methods for security
• Automation of programming, deployment, and maintenance tasks for security
• Code reviews, red teams, and other human-centered assurance
Opportunities to provide support as an IEEE SecDev 2017 donor are available. For more event details, please visit https://secdev.ieee.org, follow the IEEE Cybersecurity Initiative on Twitter at @IEEECybSI and follow the hashtag #IEEESecDev, like us on Facebook, or visit cybersecurity.ieee.org.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice on a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics. Learn more at http://www.ieee.org.